7

— I'm still suggesting to thrown him out, — first thing Harry said when he caught up with me.

— No, I'll go myself, — I said, cleaning my legs.

— Interesting to know how, because you don't have a car, — the man said. Damn, he's right.

— I'll figure this out, — I have absolutely no desire to look everyone in the eye.

— Okay, I'm gonna let you go on one condition, you sing one last song, — there's nothing stopping me from asking Jay to leave without Harry's permission.

— If you don't care about me, think about Candice, — I forgot about her at all. I bet she'll be the least upset.

— Very funny, — I said, putting on my jacket. Harry was quick to help me, holding it while I was putting my hands into the sleeves.

— Will you let your fear decide for you? — Those words pricked me, a reflex worked. 

— Which song? 

— You know The chain by Fleetwood Mac, — he asked with satisfaction. I nodded. Standing on the stage, I was already mentally prepared to perform, but I noticed that Harry was coming in my direction. What does he want? He took his guitar and stood next to me and said into the microphone. 

— Good evening dear guests, — Harry said and everyone turned their attention to the stage, —our break came to an end, I hope you're ready to have fun for the rest of the evening, — once Harry started playing, all my nerves disappeared.

— Listen to the wind blows, watch the sun goes down... — we sang at the same time. Our voices match perfectly to each other, creating a clean consonance. I don't know how many songs we've sung, but it's getting dark. It's time to stop.
— Let's celebrate our couple one more time. It was a pleasure to perform for you tonight, thank you, — I said to the guests when the music stopped. I was about to leave, when suddenly a woman's voice rang out.
— Wait, party is in full swing, please, don't go, we need one more song, — asked the girl, who was sitting next to Jay. I don't know, I hate to say no when someone ask me to sing an encore.
— You know "Electric love" Borns, — I asked Harry. He chose the right chords. Now exactly the last...

— That was cool, — said Jay as we were coming down the stairs

— How did you guys end up together? — the guy asked after I thanked him.
— It's a long story...
— Will you leave without saying goodbye to me? — My thought was interrupted by a voice behind my back. I turned around involuntarily — standing on the front porch, Harry looked like the whole world was under his thumb. I froze at the scene speachless. Perhaps my confusion has now played into my hands, because Jay passed me by to talk to a friend.
— Sorry, bro, — they shook their hands, — Actually, I'm gonna need you in town tonight. 
— I highly doubt we'll be able to meet, you know, — Harry said, rubbing his chin with frowned eyebrows. — Why don't you stay? Let's have some fun like in good old days. 

I was saved by a miracle. I don't know why I thought Harry was following me.

— No, I'm busy, — said Jasen, nodding in my direction.
— There's plenty of room for everyone, — Harry suggested.
— Really, Jay, if you want to stay, just tell me, — I added. Jasen is constantly adjusting to me. For as much as I'd like to go home, it should be his choice. He patted his friend on the shoulder and went to the car, leaving Harry and me alone on the stairs.

— Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, — he come down a few steps to see his friend go, — Candice and I consulted and desided to ask you to perform at our wedding, — did I hear right?! For some reason, all the words in the world are forgotten.

— I'd like to sing with you again, — Harry said, narrowing his eyes at me.

— When? — The only thing I could squeeze out of my mouth.

— August 31, — What's the reason to make a deal with me so soon if it's three more months. 

— Oh... I'll think about it, — there's nothing wrong with his proposal, but I don't like to plan that far, — you'll find me through Jasen, — I added.

— Good night, — he smiled.

— Night, — I said without turning back.

— What happened? — We've been driving for, like, 10 minutes, and Jasen's been kind of suspiciously quiet for a guy who can always find something to talk about. 

 — Nothing, — he waved off.

— Don't lie to me, — I'm not giving up so fast, — I can see something's wrong.

After a five-second pause, he finally cracked.
— Well... I want to give you an advice... Don't start with Harry, — I expected to hear anything but that. There's nothing between us. But I saw that Jay had something else to say, so I kept silent.
— He's the kind of person who plays with other people's feelings, sometimes without even noticing. I know it's your business, — I didn't let him finish.
— My personal business?! He just asked me to sing at his wedding. What kind of business can I have with him?
— I wouldn't talk about it lightly, and plus, I kind of care about you, — he stopped talking without ever looking at me.
— I appreciate that, Jay, seriously. You know, even if he didn't have a fiancée, it doesn't mean he likes me, — Jasen was just imagining things.
— Sympathy and love are different things, — he protested.
— I know, but one thing comes out of the other — I insisted on mine.
— Not necessarily. If someone likes a flower, he picks it, but if a person loves his flower, he will water it every day and watch it grow... — It's taking too far, — Just promise me to stay away from him, — Jay finished.
— I'm not going to talk with Harry untill the end of the summer, don't worry, — really, Jasen is making a big deal out of blue.
— Allright. For tonight's performance, I think we should include songs from old records, they suits you, — he changed the subject. Great, we'll never go back.
— So you're a fan of mine, — I joked.
— Yeah, the main one, — said Jay, smiling.

— So I was very lucky, — I looked at him.

— Damn lucky, — and we both laughed. Jay is a great friend, he always manages to cheer me up, but right now, my head is elsewhere. What came over me on the beach, and what would I do if Harry hadn't followed me. How come he always shows up at the right time. Our conversation served as a kind of therapy for me. Although I think we could keep quiet and I would still feel better. And how we sang! His voice immediately struck me. It gives the impression that he has no cons but in reality perfect people don't exist. It doesn't concern me anymore. I hope he and Candice are happy. I turned on the radio, played the familiar song "I see fire", I first heard it in the film Lord of the Rings, later successfully addicted to the work of Ed Sheeran.

— Who was that girl sitting next to you? — I asked when we passed the woods.

— Her name is Gemma, we were in the same class together, she's definitely the smartest Styles, Jasen made me laugh, as usual. I can't believe I didn't realize that Harry and Gemma are siblings, they even look like the same person. For the rest of the time, Jay was talking about Halloween and the other adventures they were going on together until we got to my house. I would love to meet Gemma one day. She seems really charismatic just like her brother.

Sorry for disappearing, I had health problems. I'll post more chapters soon<3