Catastrophic Move On

As the wind passed by the set of timber near the roof, Ebony began to contemplate the bushiness and thorough shaking of an apple trees leaves from down below. Her hair was the color of orange, her eyes a perfect green hue. Silky and soft strands that danced beyond the wind so beautifully, she was well known in school. Her treasured beauty was not the only reason for this though, although it did bother her a little that her personality seemed to never get compliments especially since that was one of her favorite things about herself. Ebony was never scared to speak to kids that were quiet, deliquents, or just generally bad news. She saw the good in a lot of people, and she couldn't put it past her to let anyone sit alone at lunch. Well, that was until lately she had been facing some issues with the attention the displayed to people.

Rumors surfaced that she was a no good people pleaser and a fake, but these only really happened when she started dating Hugo. He was pretty well liked when it came to the looks department; these rumors surfaced because of envy. Ebony didn't really get it that much, but Hugo was really nice to her and always spent lunchtime asking her about herself. However, the things she thought about him have been changing lately after he had been showing clear red flags. Though, Ebony being Ebony did not want to believe her thoughts.

Suddenly, she heard a clatter pound from the staircase to her right by the roof. It was her significant other, Hugo. A boy with curly brown hair that looked soft to the touch and a mole to the left of his cheek showed up right next to her at the solid seating. "Ebony, I've been looking all over for you." The boy said to her as he pulled out his phone, raising a brow slowly. "You should really tell me when you go places, I mean I am your boyfriend. ." Before Ebony could reply, she noticed that he was pretty fixated on his phone. This gave her a small chuckle, but she still felt a bit uneasy. "Well, I did figure that going up to the rooftop wouldn't be a big deal. What next, are you going to monitor my friends?" She playfully joked, a humble laughter that escorted itself from her lips. She realized it wasn't really as funny when he didn't laugh back. A silence sat for a periodic time. Hugo, is something wrong?" She asked. "Nothing is wrong, really. But when you mention your friends, I have noticed that Cal was a little bit of a red flag." She sat with a disfigured expression; it was an abstract thought. Cal was her closest friend and always treated her kindly. Ebony had a puzzled fraction of disbelief to her face. "What do you mean?" She asked, about to get up and leave with a firm stepping to her feet. A small sound from the floor came from her standing up. "Ebony, it's just— I don't think you should hang out with her. She's bad news." He bit his lip vaguely "I'm saying this as your—-" Ebony stopped him right there as she turned around, positioning her body in a different direction from him. "I'm your girlfriend, not your friendlist. ." Her lips pierced, continuing. "Or I was, but someone who thinks the girl who has always been by my side is really the bad news." Before she could get up and leave, Hugo stood up too. "Ebony, I think you are acting a bit drastic. Talk to me later when you want to clear things up, especially when I'm just looking out for you." He said, leaving before she could. Ebony sat back down on the bench, leaning down. "I don't think I can forgive him anymore, he even told my friend Camilla that she should stay away from me." I said with a soft voice to myself, looking at the patterned clouds arranged in fluffy patterns that were calming to the eye. "Lately a lot of drama has been going down, even after quarantine and stuff things just haven't been the same. I thought things would change, but maybe he's the issue." Ebony spoke solemnly, but when she noticed her sulking session she quickly pounced up. Instead of laying down, she was now sitting straight. She lifted the palm of her hand and slapped herself across the cheek. "Don't say such stupid things, Ebony. I should try to look at the bright side." She said with an upbeat and lifting voice, she got up to the fence and with a smile looked at the roaming world of people. "All there smiling faces are pure, it's always been that way. Just because there is a problem doesn't mean I can't just fix it. I'll try cutting him off tomorrow and spending more time with Cammy and Cal!" She said satisfied with herself, until she noticed a clamoring disruption from down below. "Wait, that's weird. . why is that father trying to escape his car? I don't think he forgot his keys since he is driving . ." She said with a unusual look to her face, waiting for her question to answer itself. For a moment, she blinked and missed a sight of what was going on. He was across the road now, and he was attacking a group of children with their caretaker. 'Dude, that's messed up. .' she thought to herself, thinking it was just an abuser at first— however she then noticed a mob had crowded around the schools gate and tore it apart. She knew that was definitely not normal, and they seemed to have cannibalistic behaviors. "Am I imagining things, theres no way this could possibly happen." She had speculated she might of been mentally unwell, until she noticed an alarm from her phone. A vibration ran between her fingers as she picked her device up.The caption read 'NOTE: HAVOC AMONG NORTHERN SULLERDALE HAS BROKEN OUT. SEEK SAFETY AND HIDE UNTIL FURYHER NOTICE. For more information on this catastrophic matter stay updated television wise.' Ebony felt tears from her eyes trinkle; this stuff only showed up in movies. It was quite insufferable, as she lifted her hands up and wiped the burst of tears from her eyes. The devastation in the moment was drastic, but it would be better than sulking. . even though in a situation like this, you wouldn't really want to continue either. Her eyes darted to the ledge of the roof for just a brief moment, consulting with her options she realized all she could do was to keep going. She looked at the exit to the staircase, opened the tin door which made a quick thud; she heard the clatters and disrupted movements her feet made in a quick hurry.