two

thursday, 21st may

[your name] 🫶
active now

12:31

i miss you

what the fuck
read 12:31

yuu splutters in shock seeing the three dots appear on the phone's screen, signifying the recipient was typing. "she's answering!"

both jack and deuce are quick to release ace from their grip as the whole room circle themselves around the transfer student. "what did she say?" epel asks over sebek's incessant yelling of how ridiculous the situation at hand was. "she doesn't seem overjoyed..." yuu utters, quelling the chatter of his friends, before ace snatches—and in his opinion, rightfully so!—his phone back.

"now look what you've done!" ace groans into his hands, "do you know how weird it is for the random kid you date in middle school to message you years later out of the blue?!"

"no.." they all admit in unison as truthfully, they'd never been in that position. neither had ace, until now.

I DIDN'T SEND THAT
read 12:32

is this ace trappola???? from
middle school?

holy seven

i never thought i'd speak to
you again
read 12:33

"she doesn't sound happy at all, hearing from you." sebek says a matter-of-factly, "but at least she remembers your name." epel shakes his head. "or she could have just clicked on his profile. or you know, checked the message before this conversation." he jabs his index finger onto ace's screen, settling it on the last string of messages that read as such:

cya at school! ❤️❤️💗💘🧡

Ok

i miss you!

Ok

can you come over to play
after school today?

i got that game you really
like!!! :D

Busy with my friends

Hi can we talk today?

ok

yuu grimaces. "no wonder she broke up with you. you were dry as hell." grim guffaws at his ally's comment, placing a paw over his mouth to stop himself from erupting into a fit of animalistic chortles. "ace, you're awful!"

ace scratches the back of his neck anxiously. "cut me some slack. i was like, a pubescent pre-teen." he begins typing a response to your most recent message, chewing his bottom lip.

a foreign feeling began to pool in the pit of ace's stomach. he recognised it as not sickness from being too full, but overwhelming guilt. it wasn't a sentient he had often, but he could recall the same sort of sensation after punching his housewarden in the face, or when he took jokes too far with deuce.

ace had his fill, taken bites of the sugary goodness in abundance, indulged himself as a treat; not giving a second thought to consider anyone else.

he hadn't intended for everyone to see what a bad boyfriend he had been. he knew better than anyone else that you deserved much better. unfortunately for everyone, thirteen year-old ace would have much rather spent his time playing football or video games with his friends than pay attention to his partner. he had only gotten a girlfriend to fit in with everyone at the time.

i'm sorry it was my friend's
pet monster

he's technically a student
not a pet

uh huh

IT SERIOUSLY WAS

he took my phone and my other
friend tried to get it back and then
this message just sort of sent

monsters can type now?
read 12:37

"i take offence to that!" grim bellows, yuu scratching the behind of his ear in a hurried manner to settle him down. "you tell her... oh, that feels nice, yuu...who even is this nobody girl anyway?!"

grim takes offence to that
read 12:37

i don't have time for this
read 12:37

ace clicks on your profile, and epel cries out with surprise. "s-she's friends with neige le blanche?!" referencing one of your most recent posts, with neige doing a peace sign next to you, other hand around your waist, and your arm wrapped around his shoulder. it was posted about a week ago. ace thinks you seemed content enough. not that he cares, or anything. "she goes to that all girls royal academy...!"

"i bet they're all spoiled and rich and annoying." grim snaps, pressing his lips into a thin line. he was getting a little hungry again. "and boring!"

"s-she's really pretty, huh." deuce muses, shifting his weight from side to side on the heels of his feet. ace sends him a cold glare. "what, ace?! she is!" jack makes a guttural sound in agreement.

"don't you think i already know that?!" ace crosses his arms against his chest, bottom lip jutted out and brows furrowed with a tad of petulance as yuu takes the phone, prepared to type an overdue apology to the girl. ace grabs his hand, expression off-putting as it was...rather unreadable.

"no, yuu, let me do it." the look on his face is so dramatically lamentable, yuu lets him.

i just want to say sorry

i just read over the messages
and i realised how much of
an asshole i was

you definitely deserve better
and i hope you find a partner
who can treat you right

bc from what i know, u were
a great person and u deserve
that much

so yeah, sorry bout all that .
i won't text you again.
delivered