Chapter 1

"This is boring can we go home?" Elliott groaned. As he and his brother strolled through the carnival grounds. Roller coasters, death-defying dares, food stalls, and many more fun attractions. But nothing could excite little Elliott Hover.

"You begged to come with me." His brother grumbled.

"That was before but now I want to go home," Elliott argued.

"Well, I want to have some fun before we leave. So be my guest and walk home for all I care!" Elliott's brother irritatingly shouted. Elliott's brother had already disappeared into the growing crowd; leaving 10-year-old Elliot alone in a busy carnival.

Elliott bought himself a shiny red balloon. He walked through the carnival-looking rides and wonderful attractions; holding that red balloon. He looked at some of the prizes, he would love to win them, but he didn't know how.

Suddenly he tripped, his balloon slipping from his hands. The balloon bounced from one carnival object to another and flew in different directions. It left Elliott in a heap on the ground. Tears began rolling down his face as he watched the red balloon float away.

He started crying harder. An old fortune teller approached him and helped the 10-year-old onto his feet.

"There there... you're alright now." She said softly to Elliot.

"Thank you, ma'am." Elliot sniffled

"It's no problem." The fortune teller assured him.

" What's your name?"

"My name is Elliot," Elliot muttered.

"I'm Lady Oracle," The lady chuckled. "What about you Ells?"

"I-is my name that hard to say," Elliot replied. Lady oracle smiled down at the young boy.

"Don't worry about it, dear child." Lady Oracle replied softly

"Oh . . . okay"

"Where are your parents?"

"They are at home I'm here with my brother, but he left me."

"Now, that's not nice, is it?"

"Not really."

'Why don't you come with me"

"I . . . I don't know if I should,"

"It's better than staying here all alone. Might as well come with me until your brother comes back, right Ells?"

Alright, pause, Public service announcement. Boys and girls don't follow strange carnival, fortune tellers.

Little did Elliot know that he was diving head-first into something so sinister.