~Harlow~

"Violet, wake up honey. It's almost time for school."  I walk over to the window, and open the drapes. "Aughhhh," Violet says, pulling herself out of bed. She stumbles into her closet, to pick her outfit for the day. I head down the hallway to enter Garret's room. To my surprise, he's already awake. I remain in the doorway with a confused look on my face. He turns around after about 5 seconds, and greets me. "Oh, good morning Harlow!" he seems flustered, and strangely nervous. "Good morning, are you alright?" I ask, seemingly trying to figure out why he's acting so  unusual. "Yep. I was just..." he takes a long pause "packing my school bag. "Alright." Garrett could tell that I was curious, and was blocking the subject. 

When I head into Sienna's room, she's on a FaceTime call with a group of boys. She's only in her shorts, and a cropped shirt. Immediately upon my presence, she hangs up and swiftly stands up. "What, are you spying on me or something?" she says, looking me up and down in disgust. "No, of course not. I was coming in here to wake you up for school, but you were already up." She stares in anger.  "You know, I'm old enough to get up by myself. I don't need some suck-up nanny to tell me what to do all the time. No one in this house actually needs you. You just need a paycheck." she says, slamming the door in my face. My anxiety and depression has been bad for a long time, but I've found ways to cope. 

I head to the kitchen, to start making breakfast for the children.  As I pour the pancake batter into the pan, I soon realize I'm struggling to breathe. I can't help it anymore. I slide down onto the floor and break down. I just don't understand why Sienna hates me so much. I've tried to be the best person I could, yet she still wants me to disappear. Violet sprints into the kitchen as I sob. "Are you okay? What happened?" she says, giving me a big hug. "I'm okay, Violet. Thank you. I just needed a small break."

"Oh, well please just remember I'll always be here for you, you're the best maid of all time. You're my best friend" Violet then sticks out her hand, and tries to help me up. I grab her hand, and quickly stand up. I then dust off my skirt and rest a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Violet. That means a lot to me. You're the best 6 year old friend I've ever had."

Violet hugs me once again, and walks over to set the table. Sienna & Garrett soon head down the stairs, and walk into the kitchen. Garrett still looks oddly anxious, and Sienna is giving me a deadly stare. I can tell that she is staring into my puffy, red eyes trying to intimidate me. Sadly, it's working.

By the end of the day, I'm drained. I lay down, and immediately fall asleep. 

Written & Edited By Lanie