Part 1

ALLCARE HOSPITAL

    The corridor infront of the operation theatre was filled with old age people. Everyone were pacing around and praying for the soul fighting for her life inside. After what felt like an eternity, the light turned green and a doctor in his mid-twenties came out with a charming smile. The whole crowd paraded towards him with anxious faces.

Dr.: "Don't worry. Ms. Ginger is fine. Operation is successful. But she needs to be under observation for two days. After that you can take her home. You can all visit her after she is shifted to normal ward. Now please, everyone relax" The doctor heard collective sighs of relief and got blessings from many elders. Excusing himself he marched towards his cabin. After washing his hands he sat on his chair and closed his eyes. He heard a door knock and permitted the person to come in. Once he saw who that was, he groaned. It was his best friend cum colleague Dr. Henry who is his senior too.

Henry: "Today is my daughter's birthday. So I request you to grace us with your presence at 6.00 P.M. Will you?"

Torin: "Why are you being so dramatic? I'll come"

Henry: "These dramas have become a part of your life since you turned grumpy. So I got used to that"

Torin: "Now don't start again. Please leave. We'll meet in the evening"

Henry: "Ok. Take care. And bring Hope too. I'm sure she'll enjoy" Torin nodded and soon Henry left from there. After relaxing for some time, Torin started seeing regular patients.

DESERTS AND DELIGHTS BAKERY

   It was one of the most famous bakeries in the whole New York. It was always buzzing with customers and also known for its ambience. It always gave a homely feel to anyone who goes there and most of the workers are physically challenged trying to give a new meaning to their lives. It was owned by Mr.Rafferty who was in his 70s and a spinster with no children. He considers all his workers to be his own children especially Cecily who is the youngest of them all and visually challenged. Cecily usually works at the counter taking orders and sometimes helps in the kitchen if needed.

Raff: "Cecily" He called her to his cabin. After few minutes, he heard a knock and asked the person to enter. It was Cecily who entered with a bright smile, lightening up the whole environment.

Cecily: "You called me sir?"

Raff: "Yes Cecily. Today evening Mr. Henry will come to collect the birthday cake of his daughter. He has already paid. So just hand him the cake along with the gift like usual. Ok?"

Cecily: "Ok sir" She was about to go when Mr. Rafferty called her.

Raff: "And Ci, its uncle and not sir. I hope you will not forget this next time" Cecily smiled and nodded her head and then headed out.

Soon it was evening and the crowd didn't seem to reduce. The clock struck 5 and the door bells jingled indicating the arrival of a customer. Cecily was as usual at the counter waiting to receive the order. She heard a gruff male voice.

Voice: "I'm here to collect the birthday cake" Cecily nodded and called out to her friend and asked for the cake.      

Till next time...