The Tapestry of Tranquil Moments

I descended the staircase, compelled to answer the door myself, having spotted the person waiting through the security cameras. To my dismay, it was none other than Mr. Kim Nam-Jun, the last person I wanted to see at that moment. 

Joon: (sharply) So, this is where you've been hiding all these years?

Me: (nonchalantly) Joon. Well, isn't this a surprise?

He entered without waiting for an invitation, glancing around the living room. His eyes lingered on a framed photo of my kids on the mantelpiece.

Joon: (accusingly) Whose kids are that?

Me: (sarcastically) The mailman's. Who else?

Joon's gaze pierced mine, searching for answers in the depths of my eyes.

Me: (calmly) They mine, Joon. Meet Maanav and Madhavi.

Joon: (bitterly) How convenient. A family. Something I wasn't part of.

Me: (defensively) You disappeared, Joon. You left without a word.

Joon: (angrily) You think I wanted to? You think I left because I wanted to?

Me: (coolly) You never explained, Joon. You just vanished.

Joon: (softening) It wasn't that simple.

Me: (sarcastically) Oh, I'm sure it wasn't. Life rarely is.

Joon: (more sincerely) I thought you'd wait for me.

Me: (laughs bitterly) Well, you thought wrong.

Silence hung in the air, heavy with unspoken words. I decided to break it, wanting to understand why he had resurfaced after all this time.

Me: (curious) Why are you here, Joon? After all these years?

Joon: (guardedly) I needed to see you. Needed to know why you left.

Me: (mockingly) Really? After all this time?

Joon: (seriously) Yes. I needed closure.

Me: (raising an eyebrow) Closure? That's a bit cliché, don't you think?

Joon: (frustrated) Can we drop the sarcasm for a moment?

Me: (softening) Fine. Ask your questions.

Joon: (earnestly) Did you ever love me?

Me: (pauses) I... I always respected you. I'm not sure if it was romantic.

Joon: (disappointed) That's not what I expected to hear.

Me: (defensively) Expectations can be misleading, Joon.

The room fell into a tense silence, the weight of our untold history hanging between us. Despite the years, the emotions were still palpable.

Me: How...do you know that? I can never imagine you as my life partner.

Joon's eyes softened, and a hint of regret lingered in his gaze. He took a deep breath before breaking the silence.

Joon: (softly) Tell me about your life. How did you end up here with a child?

Me: (casually) Life happened, Joon. I met someone, settled down, and here we are. This is Maanav, my intelligent and beautiful child.

Joon: He's a bright kid, got your genes perhaps.

Me: (proudly) Yes, he did.

Joon: (curious) And your partner? What's he like?  Where did you meet? 

Me: (smiling) He's understanding, supportive. Things are good.

Joon: (reflectively) I never imagined you with someone else.