Chapter One

The sound of thunder rings in my ears as I walk streets of New York. It's raining heavy, almost like stone against my skin. If I knew there was a storm coming tonight I would off taken my car, its so damn typical of me to end up in situations like this. 

I look up at the street sign hoping I'll recognize where I am, but as I expected; I got no clue. My phone is dead, I got no idea where I am and it feels like I'm about to turn into a human Popsicle anytime now.

There's a small supermarket at the end of the street thats remarkably still open, is this the universes strange way of telling me not to lay down on the concrete and just die?

By the time I reach the front doors of the tiny store i'm sure my fingers probably have turned a light shade of blue. She cashiers face when she takes in my look is priceless, its a mix of "oh you poor thing" and "great, now I have to mop up the floor" i'm like a wet dog only in heals and a black dress.

i stroll around the store for a while pretending to look at stuff when I really am just building up the confidence to ask the cashier for directions. 

A man enters, he's somewhat tall, maybe 6.2? Not as soaked as i am, but getting there, and I can't really tell if his hair is a brown shade or just black but i'm guessing a dark brown, He's wearing a dark blue hoodie and loose fitting gray jeans. Wish we could swap outfits, cause my black dress is not really helping me stay warm in this weather.

"is that all for today?" the old lady behind the counter says as I hand her a pack of gum with my trembling hand "yes thats all" I take a breath  "could you possibly  tell me where I am?" I say and give her a pleading look. She looks puzzled for a second then gives me a street name that doesn't ring any bell to me, i guess she pick up on my utterly hopeless expression when she says "are you lost honey?" I sigh putting a hand to my forehead "yes" a sad little laugh escapes my mouth, "well then" she grabs the glasses thats hanging around her neck and reaches under the counter for something, turns out to be a phone and by the looks of it not the newest one on the marked. "where you going sweetheart? maybe i can help" stopping for a second, thinking back to earlier today, i think my sister said she lived on stutter ave "i'm not a hundred percent sure, but i think i'm going to stutter ave" she begins typing on the old thing and it takes a second before she speaks again. "this old thing is no good" she taps the phone on the counter and sighs "sorry honey, but it seems like i'm no help" reassuring her with a smile i say "its okay, i'm sure i'll find my way eventually" she smiles, scans the packet of gum, I pay and walk out into the cold night.

The hopelessness hits me as hard as the rain hits my shivering body, giving up sounds just about right at this point. My body feels ten times heavier than it did earlier today.

My ass hits the hard concrete on the curb and the only sense of relief i felt in the last couple of hours is the sensation of a warm tear traveling down my cheek and further down my neck.

"Fuck my life" my head falls onto my knees and I sigh again. I try to tell myself over and over that it will all be worth it when I get into the dance academy I Interviewed for today, if I even get in my subconscious adds.

The bell attached to the door chimes, followed by a slam and the sound of footsteps on puddles make their way to me "sounded like you needed help in there?" It's a man's voice, its that guy from the store. "I did" I answer siting up straight turning to face him, a pair of brown eyes meet me when i'm fully turned towards the guy, followed by thick eyebrows and a slight stumbled chin.

It's awfully quiet, the only other sounds I hear is a thunder in the distance and rain hitting the ground beneath me, "Anything else?" i ask trying to keep my shivering  body more still. 

"stutter ave?" he ask. 

Was he listening to the whole conversation? 

"Yep" I fake a smile.