Ali

*Ali's POV*

I arrive at the coffee shop where I work and change into my uniform. I unlock the doors and glance at the clock. 12 pm. I just have to make it to 9:30, then I can go home. My name is Ali Starr, I'm nineteen, and I work at a cute little coffee shop in downtown L.A. I like my job, but it's also not satisfying—I want to do something else with my life besides making coffees, selling pastries, and wiping tables.  If you can't relate, well, then, good for you.

The door dings, and I sigh inwardly. It's Gary, a complete jerk. He's always rude, and he makes me uncomfortable. "Hi, what can I get for you?" I ask happily, putting on my plastic smile. The door jingles, signaling another customer, and I pray Gary will make it quick.

"Hey, I'd like a black Americano, a chocolate croissant, and your number."

"Alright, and the number is eight dollars and seventy cents."

Gary scowls, but the customer behind him snickers. I look up and oh my, it's the sexiest man I've ever seen. He has deep, dark eyes, chiseled facial features, and a smile to die for. He's about 6'4, if I had to guess, and he's packed with muscle. His hair is black and falls in soft waves around his face. He comes up the counter. "Smooth dealing with that pervert."

I smile as I make Gary's coffee. "Thanks. He's a regular. He's always weird." The man frowns, but I turn my back to him and focus on the coffee. I bring it out to Gary, ignoring his comments, and then I turn my attention to my handsome customer. "And for you, sir?"

sorry for the short chapter, things will get going when the story is further along.  pls like and comment, and fyi this is my first story like this, so please bear with me.

xox, Princess Maggie