Chapter 1 || the cell.

- time line : right after Jeremiah was supposed to save them.
POV: no one's -

"Mon-El!" Kara yelled as the prince of Daxam fell to the ground, passed out. Blood dripping from his leg, the wound from the lead bullet only getting worse.

She looked at the wound, putting her hand through the cell to try and put pressure on it. Unfortunately, having solar flared, she wasn't able to heal the wound with her heat vision. But she knew what to do, she just didn't have the equipment she needed. Alex taught her some things when she was working as a doctor, she'd memorised what to do just in case something happened.

"Stay with me. Stay with me!" The last daughter of Krypton cried.

Kara heard a door being slammed open. Shooting her head up to look toward the sound, she saw Lillian enter once more. The Girl of Steel stood up, making herself look brave. But inside the Maiden of Might was crumbling in fear. Her insides churning, heart racing.

She felt a smack on the back of her head, falling to the ground from the impact. She groaned, holding her head. She looked up to see Hank Henshaw with a crowbar in his hands.

Kara looked down at the hand she used to hold her head, blood splattered across her delicate fingertips. She looked across to Mon-El, then back at Henshaw, then back to Lillian.

"If I let you do all this to me... promise me, you'll heal Mon-El and let him go." She tried to reason, pleading the Luthor.

"Hm, it sounds fair... but we'd be letting go a very valuable, very dangerous alien. I'd rather not." The blonde Luthor said, pulling out a gun and pointing it at Kara.

She pulled the trigger, Kryptonite bullets ripping through Kara's skin. Luckily, it was just her arm, but it could have been so, so much worse.

Kara suppressed her cries of pain, attempting to look strong, but eventually her shell cracked and the pain was evident in her face, in her body language. Her head hit the ground as she clutched her bleeding arm, tears spilling out of her eyes. Even solar flared, with no powers, for some reason the Kryptonite still affected her, making the wound hurt so much more than it should.

"Please. Please." She gasped, looking up at Lillian as she walked away, leaving the Kryptonian on the floor.

~*• •*~

"Agent Danvers, SuperGirl's been missing for over 24 hours now. Should we send out a search?" An agent of the DEO asked and informed the red haired woman.

"Yes, send out a search. I have a bad feeling about this." The Danvers sister chugged a glass of scotch, worried sick.

~*• •*~

The Girl of Steel caved, screaming out in pain. Lillian had 'doctors' working on her, experimenting. This is what Cadmus really was, and it was clear to her now. This is what they were capable of, and she didn't even know there was more to come.

"Kara?" A familiar voice spoke, ripping Kara away from her screams, eyes widening as she realised who it was.

"Jeremiah?" She begged for it to be true, for it to be really him. It was.

"It's me, you're going to be okay. Just a little more, I'm so sorry." He gasped, and as soon as he said that, shocks ran through Kara's veins, making her scream out once more.

As Kara screamed, the room turned green. Her veins, green.

A faint emerald silhouette encased itself around Kara's eyes. Her eyes slowly closed, her head falling limp as she passed out from the pain.

————————————————

Sooooo, this is my first time writing something like this, and I hope people like me who find these things entertaining to read love it. I love seeing people worry about Kara and some of my other favourite characters, so I hope anyone and everyone who reads this loves it
<3