1

{ Omniscient }

                                                                                                                               4:25 a.m.

Kaliani got up at 4 in the morning stumbling around her room with a slight migraine. She had hooded eyes and clouded vision . She slowly made her way to the bathroom and turned on the light , she squinted her eyes at the brightness . She rummaged through the cabinet to look for asprin the help with the headache . She opened the bottle and poured out some in her hand and took them all one by one dry.

She stripped herself of her clothes and stepped in the shower , she let the water run over her head damping her curls .  Kaliani grabbed the soap and lathered her body from head to toe. When she was finished she got dressed and opened her bedroom window to let in air out .

At about 5 am she went down stairs and started breakfast for her sisters she made grits with cheese , bacon and eggs for them . By then Amani came down stairs from the smell . 

"Good morning princess "

" Morning you okay ? your up early."

"Yea i'm good just smelt breakfast " she said with a low chuckle .

Kaliani made her sister a plate then went upstairs to wake up Alani . She walked upstairs and knocked on her door then opened after no response . She saw her sister spread out on her bed and her bonnet across the room. She chuckled softly then woke her up. They all were downstairs eating at the table and conversing .

                                                                           {Kaliani Bodhi Atlas Dawson}

I made breakfast for the girls and sat down to eat breakfast with them . I may be sixteen but I can cook a lil sum sum . 

"Where momma at ,she usually be home by now ?"  Amani asked 

"She probably still at "work" right now"  I answered before looking around

"Ahem pookie you gotta get ready it's yo first day of high school " I cleared my throat 

"yea"

They just  put they plates in the sink and left . It was quiet , I could hear everything around me . The tap dripping water , The birds outside , the sudden rush of wind occasionally . It was getting louder and louder everything around me was closing in and my headache was getting worse . 

Then it all stopped when I heard the front door close and she was walking towards the kitchen. She looked at me the rolled her eyes and walked away. I got up to go and wash my face then take some medicine for my head . I packed some medicine for and went back down stairs to see momma leaning on the counter waiting for me.