5

Back at the house Ellie got to work, she started by having a good snoop in the fridge and pantry, she found what she was looking for quickly and within half an hour she'd got a pot on the stove with a bolognase sauce bubbling away, because which kid doesn't love spaghetti!. She'd got classes friday so decided to prep a chicken pie for the next day.

She explored the house, it was nice size family home with an open plan kitchen/lounge/diner along the back of the house and a separate lounge to the front and a small playroom and WC. Upstairs there was the family bathroom, an office, Aaron's room, Jack's room and the spare room.

The spare room was painted white, with a dark oak bed and matching bedside tables in the centre of the room, there was a matching wardrobe, drawers, vanity and standing mirror. Plain white bedding adorned the bed with a navy throw placed clumsily across the bottom third. It was a beautiful room, a little dusty, and it appeared the wardrobe and drawers were already in use. Elisia made do with unpacking a few things into one of the bedsides and onto the vanity.

She took her laptop downstairs and poured herself a fresh coffee while she got started on her essay. She'd been working for a good hour when the familiar buzz of her phone disturbed her.

Did you walk to school? Is there something wrong with the car?
Aaron

She responded

No problem with the car, I've not drove over here yet, I'd rather do it for the first time without a small child in the backseat if possible. Jack was happy to walk and the rain wasn't too bad.
Ellie xx

Elisia headed off to school a good ten minutes early to make sure she would be exactly in the spot where she'd promised Jack she would be. By then, the rain had stopped so they walked home through the park, Jack jumped in any puddles he could, then they spend some time in the playground.

Back home Elisia fixed tea while Jack did his homework, he seemed to be a pretty smart kid and didn't need much help. Elisia was quietly surprised at how lovely a boy Jack was, he was well behaved, kind and sweet, but behind all his outward loveliness Elisia could tell that Jack had something pretty serious going off, he seemed quick to become anxious or panic, and Elisia was anticipating that bedtime could become difficult. 

After tea they settled down to watch a movie, toy story was an easy watch for any age and Elisia was grateful that Jack seemed to have good taste in films.

As anticipated things started getting a little hairy just before bedtime, it started with Jack refusing to get out of the bath, and culminated in Elisia laying down on the floor next to Jack's bed while he came round from a panic attack. Finally at 10pm, a mere 3 hours after bedtime had started Jack was finally asleep. Elisia crept out of his room and into the spare, she'd certainly sleep tonight, she was exhausted. After a quick shower and removing her makeup Elisia climbed into bed, she grabbed her phone to send the final few photos of their day over to Aaron when she noticed he'd called her, 4 times.

She pressed redial hoping he'd answer still despite the late hour.
'I'm assuming he didn't want to sleep' it wasn't really a question but she answered anyway

'No he was quite anxious, he finally fell asleep at around 10pm, I was just about to turn in myself when I saw your call'

'I'm sorry, I should have warned you about that, Jack is a good kid but since his mom died he's become very attached, his aunt becoming unwell hasn't helped at all,' she could hear Aaron sighing down the phone.

'He's in bed now, I'm sure it'll get better as he gets to know me.'

'Thank you Elisia, and thank you for coming, I wasn't very welcoming when you arrived so I'm grateful you decided to stay.'

'As am I Aaron' She yawned 'I hope your case is going well'

There was silence this time down the line, followed by a non commital noise  'I'll let you get some sleep Elisia,sweet dreams'.

'Sweet dreams Aaron'.