1

forks Washington .'' i read the sign aloud as i drove into town we were using money we had made to rent a house there ,it was the least likely place that anyone would check for us .it has been years since me and Lisa had run away from the academy and i was doing a great job protecting her .dodging the academy guards and strogi .i have already killed five strogi and i haven't even graduated and gotten my promise mark .'' this place will be good for you ,not much sunshine so you can be outside as much as you want to .''i smiled following the directions to the house we had gotten .''what about blood ?i don't want to have to feed off of you all the time .'' Lisa told me looking out her window. Lisa didn't want to use me she felt like it was all her fault we had to run away in the first place and that i was already doing so much for her .'' liss don't worry about it i will figure something out ,if you have to we will just have you take a little from are neighbors .'' i laughed partly joking .'' and school?'' i could see her looking at me from the corner of my eye.'' we will get enrolled tomorrow .'' i smiled looking at our directions we had arrived at are destination .it was right next to a house with a sherriffs car and a old red truck in the front.

''this is a cute place.'' Lisa said opening her door and getting out to look around .''yeah .'' it was alright it was quaint a caramel color 2 bedroom upstairs down stairs back patio garage windows not to many not to little .enough for lissa .not to mention the house came pre furnished with brand new furniture. ''well let's unpack .'' i grabbed some of our bags and started loading them into the car . that when i notice we have a lot of shit .'' let me help you .'' a boy came over about my age he looked native american with his russet colored skin and long black hair he was tall with a lean body that looked like he would have no problem caring are bag to say the least he was cute and just looking at him he looked like he had a easy going personality .''that would be great.'' i smiled .'' i am Jacob black .'' he introduced himself .'' Rose .'' i opened the door for him .''hi .'' lissa was coming down the stairs.''this is my sister lissa ,lissa this is Jacob black .'' i introduced them he smiled setting the bags down he shook her hands .'' you don't happen to be related to the cullens do you ?'' he asked her looking her in the eyes .'' no.'' she shook her head i wondered if he asked that because there were some people here who were pale and looked like lissa but then i brushed it off ,it wasn't like strogi would socialize with him or be called a family.''oh''he nodded then looked back over at me .'' anymore bags ?'' he smiled once again he fiddled his feet ,a little nervous.''yeah .''i walked outside with him he grabbed the last five bags .''wow thank you so much ,you saved me so much work.'' i smiled .''no problem .' he shrugged it off .''well i will probably see you guys again you live right next door to my friend Bella ,you guys should actually be going to the same school .'' he told me.''you don't go?''i thought it would be cool to go to school with Jacob he just seemed like someone really easy to hang out with .''no i go to school on the reservation.''

damn i really did want to go to school with Jacob .'' well just stop by and say hi, sometime .'' i smiled it was like his smile was contagious .'' i'll do that.'' he smiled and walked out the door .'' i waved goodbye .'' well he was nice .'' lissa said when i closed the door and turned to face her .'' i know right .'' i grabbed are big red bag and got are stakes out it was getting late i wanted to get them out around the house before nightfall.'''i will be back in few

i put all the stakes in the ground around the house ,made sure they were secure then went back in the house i had took longer than expected so lissa was already pretty much done getting everything set up and put away .''you like that Jacob boy?'' lissa rose a eyebrow.'' i don't know .''i shrugged .'' but he is definitely cute .'' i grinned .