Episode 2: The Ungodly Machine

Previously on "Escape the Night," I hosted a party at my estate which only exists in the year 1920. There, a friend was murdered by the evil force that haunts it. We now have to recover four mysterious artifacts if we wanna get back to 2016.

Months before the guests arrived: A scientist was working on his most prized creation in the house's basement. He finished powering on the contraption, having two youthful souls trapped by chains on the other side of the room. The chained male pleaded, "Please, don't do this! Please!"

"Shut up." He calmly told the boy.

The woman locked up begged. "We didn't do anything!"

"Shut up! I need...I need to think..." He looked at the blueprints, to see what else needed to be done before he could have his creation come to life.

A mysterious hooded figure with a plague mask walked behind him. "It's time."

The scientist looked back at the figure and grabbed a syringe. He stabbed it into both of the students and put them into his machine. The machine has two giant tubes, enough to fit a person inside. He placed the male on the right and the female test subject on the left. The scientist turned a knob and looked back at his hooded research partner. He then flipped a switch, making the machine fully operational. Lightning sparks started to fly as gas filled the chambers. When the life forces of the teens drain entirely, the glass box, filled with smoke, opened. From it emerged a creature with a physic of a ball jointed doll. The robot was officially powered on, and can now start its testing.

"How long can it last?" asked the masked man.

"Only an hour. After that, it would need to be recharged, thus needing at least another life. It requires more electricity than a small city."

The figure held out an artifact, one from an unknown origin. "Try using this."

"If I make room for that somewhere in it, then it may be impossible to retrieve it."

"It's better that way, isn't it."

Tonight, 1920: The group started to follow him outside. As soon as they get about 30 ft/9 meters away, the car exploded from a stick of dynamite placed underneath it. The group ran inside, starting their adventure to escape the night.

GloZell- "Boom! You see the car blow up, and the sky, boom!"

Justin- "What if we actually were in that car!?"

Matt- "We're stuck. People are going to die and all I'm thinking about is how to make sure it isn't me."

"Here's the thing. I'm trying to get back to 2016. We gotta find the four artifacts or we can't go home." Matt was reminding everyone what they needed to do.

"Well, somebody's gonna die; maybe we can just decide who's gonna die?" GloZell knew that she wasn't gonna be the first one. Everyone objected to that absurd idea.

Matt didn't care for these boo-hoos. "People are gonna die regardless. It said that we had to vote people into who's gonna do the challenges."

"Okay then, what do we know?"

Joey tried to get his bearings together. "Okay, well we know from Shane's pocket that the symbol that was on the note is what's gonna lead us to our next clue."

"So, we gotta look for more of those symbols throughout the house." The Professor was most likely the calmest in the group.

"Damn it!" Tim was checking his pockets. "My wallet was in the car!"