CHAPTER 2

Expect the unexpected. You should. Impossible things could happen too, rarely but still can. Have you ever heard of travelling back in time? You woke up and then suddenly you realized you just came back to one of your past. Of course you would ask, why? Why are you there? Perhaps you had been given a mission? By who?

Or..is it the time? Time has given you the chance to go back to manipulate your future or the chance to change your lifestyle for a short minimum of time. Live a life you always want to have. Peaceful. Happy. Free.

Is it?

Do you believe on that?

Can it happen?

Well..that happened to me. In fact, still happening. It just started a month ago..

I thought it was just another normal day. But when I woke up, I'm inside a familiar room with mom waking me up. I thought I was still dreaming when I saw her. She already passed away years ago.

But everything feels so real. I tried to wake myself but nothing happened. I can't...wake up.

I woke up hearing shuffles inside the room as I heard the curtains being open. I grunt before letting out a yaw. I sat up reaching the desk beside the bed to look for my glasses.

God I thought I'd slept in my office last night.

My brows furrowed as I opened my eyes when I couldn't find my glasses.

"What's up with you joon? This is so not you. Didn't you set your alarm? Hurry up! You're getting late for school" I heard my mom's voice "You said last night you have an exam today"

Mom? H-how?

My mind went blank as I watched her clean my room while ranting for me to get up. I couldn't process what was happening. How could mom be here? She..already passed away years ago.

"Joonie! Hey! Are you listening to me? Your dad is waiting downstairs" She snapped her finger in front of me "He said he'll drop you off to school today"

School? Am I still dreaming? What the in hell is happening?

"M-mom" I started. My breath hitched when she approached me and touched my forehead. I suddenly had an urge to hug her but I couldn't move.

For the first time in ten years she visits me in my dream.

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" She asked worriedly "Hey..a-are you crying?"

And for the first time in my life. I was helpless in front of her.

She hugged me. Her comfort was my everything. I was in so much pressure back then, they expect so much to me..and I have to turn my back against anyone who comes in my way. I trained my mind to focus on nothing but my studies..not until music, took over me.

With music I found myself. The real me. I never felt so free and so I tried to express myself by writing some lyrics.

And that for the first time. I am having fun doing things no one dictate me to do.

At first yes. I honestly thought this was a dream, just a dream.

"You must've had a nightmare. I'll talk to your dad to wait a little longer while you get yourself ready for school" She rubbed my back before standing up after giving me a soft smile and then left my room.

And I couldn't really understand what was happening. "Oh f*ck" Just as I stood up, I fell on the floor and hit my elbow on my nighstand. I hissed before massaging it.

The hell? Why does that hurt?

My eyes suddenly landed on the clock placed on my table. That was strange. Philosophy  says you can't see any clock in your dreams. I stood up searching for my phone but I only found a really old one with keypad on it which I remember I used to use when I was just in college.

My eyes widen. I left my room running to the sala as I darted to the calendar.

It say's year 2010?

I looked around noticing I'm here in our old house. I looked behind me seeing our open kitchen with mom making coffee while talking to dad.

"Joon I've told you to get ready. You'll be late for school" Mom raised her eyebrow.

I slapped myself causing them to flinch. I slapped myself once again and nothing happened.

"Yah what's wrong?" Dad asked worriedly.

Why..why can't I wake up?

I left the house seeing our old neighborhood.

How is this happening?

Bicycles, old phones, old signs, old stores

Am I..in the past?

Aside from that stressful morning, I started to get random headaches and some nosebleeds, not just that..memory loss. I'm losing my memory day by day of what happened on the future.

I don't know what to do, I couldn't ask for help. They might think I'm crazy. I have to fight..alone.

I got myself a journal to write everything I still remember. When the time comes..this will be my reminder. I shouldn't forget.

I am now packing my things. I decided to move in Seoul my heart was telling me that the answer to this problem is to go there. I have to go back.

What if I lost my memory completely. Am I going to be stuck here forever? I have to find a way.

And there I found myself standing in front of a small building. BigHit Ent. it says.

That time I just realized...my life starts here. In this building. My story got told. Our story. All with the boys. The struggles are worth it, it led us to success.

Just then..

My smile dropped when someone exit the building.