June: Last few days of Spring

Minju's POV:

We are on the last few days of Spring and summer was fast approaching. It was beginning to get hotter and hotter these days. My god, I swear it's making me crazy by the minute that I was exposed under the heat of the sun. It was maddening but I had to still shoot some Magazine covers for Vogue. After the shoot we went ahead and had a break, Hyem of course surprised me again and sent me refreshments, Iced Coffee and a bouquet and her note said to have a great day ahead since she knew it was hot, she hoped I can cool down with the drinks, she also said something more is coming. She's really thoughtful like this and the staff were relentlessly teasing me with their thank you for the drink that Hyewon had sent. Oh gosh, I think I'll be strangling her later. The staffs were nice and kind over all but do they really have to tease me endlessly? I smiled otherwise at them and bowed my head to them whenever they approached me. The last few months had been busy for me, this was because of several projects I had. Several fashion shoots and preparing for my upcoming drama announcement.

She was similarly shooting for her webtoon character. She was receiving some flack with her height, the fans are really either an ally or an anti. We were both busy from all the work we are doing as is the other members who are either preparing for comeback, promotions, acting or shooting magazine covers. Everyone of IZ*ONE were super busy that we rarely saw each other. The group chat was alive though, they still send updates and other miniscule things currently happening with them. We also send snacks and other stuff the two other members in Japan were needing or craving. Hii-chan and I were supposed to hangout once she visits for work with Eunbi Unnie and Chaeyeon Unnie in August. It was a quick weekend trip. Before she comes back to Japan, I planned to take her to several bakeries she wanted to try.

Albeit my schedule was a little jam packed in August, I already made sure to set aside time for Hii-chan. I was updating my Minjoo-dans about my daily life on Bubble except I don't ever mention Hyewon's name. Our life together were still a secret we've kept. Only several staffs knew about us, trusted staffs from both 8D and UrbanWorks, the magazine shoot staffs were same staff who shot our magazine cover once back in IZ*ONE so we basically knew them both, we treated everyone in our line of work with so much respect. That they respected us both, they helped us in the beginning of our relationship, the blossoming feelings between Hyewon and I were palpable, we are never shy in showing subtle moves towards each other. Probably Hyewon was a little shy during IZ*ONE Days, but she always clung to me whenever she gets the chance.

Often she couldn't look me straight in the eye, which later I found out that it was the case because she had blossoming feelings for me too, but she tried her hardest to hold it in, often calling Chaeyeon Unnie her Jagiya, initiating skinship with Sakura Unnie and the rest of the members. She tried her hardest not to show her true 'colors' to me, she tried but failed. Until we got a chance to go out for a walk at the boardwalk in the U.S.A for K-Con, we went to the U.S.A and during a downtime for the one week affair, we had the chance to go and walk. She surprised me when she held my hand and intertwined our hands as we walked at the beach. Then she started to confess to me.

Minjoo... I like you... No, uhm I love you... Like I really really love and like you. Like romantically. She mumbles to me as we walked.

Unnie? You like and love? Like romantically? Are you sure? I asked her back.

Yeah, I'm sure. Like sure sure. Y'know? Aigooo! She stopped walking and held me by both hands and turned me towards her.

Our back drop was the sunsetting behind us.

I really like you, I love you more than my life, like I wanted to have Mini Minjoo's and Hyewons with you, build a family and life with you. I'm bad at professing my love, but hear me out, I have always loved you since the first time I've met you back a year ago, Produce 48 days was my fondest memories of you, I worked hard because I always had the opportunity to sit with you and talk to you, make hearts when the cameras pan our way, I just wish I had the courage to tell you how I always felt. Now, Minjoo, I don't think I can hold myself back any longer than I have. So, I wanted to ask you out on a proper date, be my girlfriend, spend our lives together and and...