Mailbox Flowers

Mak had gone out early in the morning for his daily run, just like always, he passed by all the things he passed by every day;
Mrs. Jonas walking her dog
The wet grass
The swaying palm trees
The small playground,
Then he would turn around and see the same things again, the small playground, the swaying palm trees, the wet grass, and Mrs. Jonas was already heading inside with her dog.
Walking back home, passing the same mailbox as always
Passing the same flowers stuck on it.
The flowers stuck on it.

This time there was something he hadn't seen before, those flowers.

He froze in his tracks for a second, those flowers.
They were Azure bluets.
He brushed it off as a neighbor being kind and leaving them as a gift.

He took them and placed them on his lamp desk, he headed out to the shower and began his day.
He headed out for work and took a quick look at the same regar mailbox, who could have left him the flowers?

He closed his car door behind him and began his drive.

Nine hours later, he came home, it was 4pm now.

He locked his car doors and began walking back inside, when something blue caught his eyes.
It was the same flowers taped on his mailbox.
He took them and rushed inside to find the flowers from that morning still there, he now had two small bundles of them laying on his lamp desk.

From his window, he looked outside to see if anyone was near his house, but no one was.
He decided that he should wait there to see who was leaving him flowers.
He went on his phone to make time pass by, about an hour in and he saw movement from outside, he quickly turned to look but it was just Mrs. Jonas and her dog again.
He kept looking until he fell asleep, he woke up to it being dark outside, and sure enough, Azure Bluets strapped to the mailbox.

He rushed outside to check if anyone was still around but again, no one.

He grabbed the flowers and ran back inside, it couldn't be a coincidence that he was reviving his favorite flowers not even a week after his best friend left.
He was the only one that knew these were his favorites.

Kayden, his best friend, had gotten in a brutal accident leaving him lifeless. That happened four days ago, and now he was getting the flowers only kayden knew were his favorites at his mailbox.

It had to be just a coincidence, but it felt like they only showed up when he wasn't looking.

He held the flowers in his palms with his eyes watering as he remembered all the good times he had with Kayden.

As he remembered the state of Kaydens body when he found him by the lake the accident had taken place at.

As he remembered how much he liked him.

As he remembered how he would never see him again.

He heard a knock at his door and was snapped back to the real world, he got up and went to go see who it was.

It was a shorter girl with brown hair and a green hat, she was holding a small dish.

Once the door opened she started talking,
"Hey! I moved in a while ago and I already greeted the other guys but I missed you," Mak looked down at the bowl with tin foil over top of it, "here, these are for you. I'm becca by the way, it's nice to finally meet you." She sounded so ecstatic to meet her neighbor, maybe the flowers were a part of her gift as well. He took the bowl and introduced himself as well, she invited him for dinner at her place with some other people from the block next Friday night, he didn't have any work plans so he decided he'd go.

It would be a great way to get the whole Azure bluet thing off his mind.