6.

Solana took a sip of her coffee and took a deep breath as she continued to observe her grandmother's office

Solana took a sip of her coffee and took a deep breath as she continued to observe her grandmother's office. The feeling of nostalgia grew upon her the more she stayed around. She remembered being with her grandmother in her office, watching her do paperwork. She loved spending quality time with her as a child, and a part of her hoped that it would be like that for the rest of her stay.

Despite the fact that she didn't want to admit it, she missed her grandmother and her cousin dearly.

"Well, we're gonna head out now. We'll see you at the house," Sherrie stood up from her seat and grabbed her purse.

"Wait," Grandma Viv stood up and grabbed a sticky note. Quickly, she wrote a few things on it and headed towards the office door. "I need you guys to do me a favour."

The two women followed their grandmother out towards the bakery near the cash register. Grabbing a white box, Vivian placed six donuts inside and another box with brownies.

Looking down at the boxes placed in their hands, the girls looked at each other with confusion.

"I mean, I wasn't feeling for anything sweet, but thank you." Solana chuckled.

Grandma Viv smacked her lips, "These are not for y'all. They're for the construction guys down the street."

"Well, we'll see you tonight. Love you."

"Love you."

"Love you guys, too."

The two cousins walked out of the bakery and made their way down the street where they noticed a few men gathered around the sewer not too far from them. Solana followed behind her cousin once they reached the men. Sherrie was more of an outgoing person and was able to have conversations with almost anyone. Solana was able to speak to people, being an assistant that had to become a skill for her, but she never went out of her way to speak to people outside of work.

"Oh, he is fine," Sherrie smiled with excitement. "Hey, boys."

The men turned towards them, giving the girls all of their attention. One of the men got off of the contractor and walked over to them with an inviting smile.

"Hello."

"Our grandmother owns Tasty's and she wanted us to give you guys these for your hard work," She smirked.

"Thank you. Tell her we said thank you. Since we've been working here she's been fattening us up and making sure we stay hydrated. She's cool."

"That's our grandmother," Sherrie chuckled. "How long have you guys been working on the sewer?"

"A couple months now." His eyes landed on Solana causing her to stare at him. "Are you guys from here?"

"Born and raised," Solana spoke. "We're just visiting for a bit."