Salvation

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Chrissy mused, watching Eddie unload his band's gear from the back of the van.

"Just a freaking sec, Cutie" he exclaimed mimicking her speaking style, walking off into some garage with something that looked to her like some mic amplifier.

"First and foremost, you need to stop calling me that" she crossed the yard to throw a cable that fell off of the equipment.

"Chill, Cunningham. I'm messing wit' ya'' The boy smiled, baring his teeth, adding much needed warmth into his tired attire. "Thanks for help, though"

He walked into the garage, disappearing for a few minutes. In this span of time, Chrissy felt like a true loner. She was somewhere she's never been before with a guy that her boyfriend truly hated. To a point that he couldn't shut up about The Freak. But to her Eddie wasn't even half of what Jason Carver made him to be. He definitely didn't deserve the things they made him endure. Chrissy felt sorry for him, but at the same time she knew that he probably didn't want her to apologize.

He deserved something better than some half-assed apology from Jason's girlfriend. She sat at the curb, crossing her legs together to keep some warmth. Summer night started to give goosebumps all over her skin. She started to feel scared and she didn't know why. She felt like something was there, something that knew her. It felt so irrational, yet it was a threat.

She knew she had to persuade Eddie to leave immediately. She was there with him just for him to drive to his trailer, give her the drug she ordered and politely leave to go home.

The problem was that she didn't want to go home. Home didn't feel safe enough. She usually spent the time at the Carver's or at some friends' house. This time around felt totally different. She was at the verge of total breakdown. Nowhere felt safe, no person felt friendly... Except Eddie Munson.

Some crazy part of her yearned for him to keep her close and not let her go. In reality she didn't want the drugs, she wanted HIM.

But he didn't need to know that. Crush on him was a secret she never ever revealed to anyone. It was kind of a guilty pleasure to her. She was in a relationship with a perfect guy that everyone loved. People were in awe of their relationship, yet she didn't feel right with it. Chrissy wasn't committed emotionally. She was polite because that's what she'd been taught. She couldn't shake the feeling that everything she did... that it was all a well crafted lie. She, deep down, wanted someone else.

This someone that just emerged from a small bungalow's garage, pulling his pants up as he approached her.

"Sorry, got caught up with guys" He explained quickly, rubbing the dirt of his hands "They needed my help, sorry for keeping you waiting"

"That's-..." She paused, getting distracted by the way he slammed the back door of the van shut. His numerous rings shone in the moonlight just like her pageant trophies right after her mom dusted them off. "That's cool"

"You don't mind it or you just dig my ringies?" He waved his hand before her face, as he proceeded to walk towards the driver's side door.

"Maybe both," She shyly admitted, feeling her cheeks go tomatto red.

"You're the real one Chrissy" Shaggy head laughed, opening the door for her from the inside. "Hop in, milady"

And that she did. She slowly started getting antsy and slightly anxious as she looked outside the window.

"You're shakin" Eddie observed, giving her cold shoulder a reassuring rub. "Do you want some tea or anything when we go inside?"

"No, I... I don't want to cause trouble or anything"