Three days...

Its been three days since the truck bombing, and Kelly hasnt left Evans side. Shay has been to bring the girls by to see Kelly but they won't let them see Evan yet, as he just woke up last night and is still pretty grogey. He asked for them though, his twin daughters but they all agreed until he's more awake, the girls won't see him so it isn't so scary for the two 3 and a half year olds it's best for kelly to just go to the waiting room to see them.

Evans is doing better than expected but the main concern is his leg, so Kelly being the good husband he is, is comparing the rehab and doctors between L.A and Chicago. He was already talking to Connor Rhodes from MED and their rehab and prognosis is the most promising so far, but now he's looking at a bunch of different L.A doctors and rehabs.
Kelly, evan and shay have been talking about going back to chicago for awhile now, they only came to L.A after andy died and kelly got hurt for a doctor here in L.A to fix kellys neck, but it's been a almost two and a half years since they came and Evan hasn't completely opened up to the 118 or to maddie about his life because he always knew they would go back.
But it hasn't gone unnoticed to Kelly that it's the morning of the third day since the accident and nobody has come to see evan. That will soon change though, the whole 51 is currently on their way after a 24 hour shift to see their boy. Evan, Shay and Kelly and the twins, Grace and Lexie  will always be family and a part of 51.

Kellys just doing more research when he notices Maddie has finally come to see her brother. She stops in her tracks and says "Oh I thought this was my brother's room." then she notices  evan and turns to kelly saying "That's evan but who are you?"

"Sorry , we haven't been formally introduced, im kelly." Kelly says, shaking her hand just as Evan stirs.

"Kel?" Evan says hoarsely.

"Yea baby, i'm right here, so is Maddie."  Kelly says and Evan's eyes go wide.
"Maddie?" evan asks

"Hey baby brother, wanna explain this to me?" she asks

"Well this is kelly severide, my husband." Evan says maddie gasps then says "when did you get married?" she asks

"Well the twins will be four in september, so four years this may, may 26 to be exact." Evan says proudly, taking kellys hand.

"Why did you keep him a secret and what twins?' she asks as she sits on the other side of her brother.

"Mine and kellys twins and shays, shay is our gay best friend, we all meet 6 years ago when i went to chicago and started at a firehouse there, kelly and i fell in love. Then we all wanted a family so the three of us decided to have one together. We co parent together.
We moved here two and half years ago because Kelly got hurt in a fire that killed one of his best friends, a doctor here was able to fix his neck, and we were just getting ready to decide if we were gonna stay or go back to Chicago when this happened.'' Evan explains.

"Oh, wow. Why did you tell me? Why did you keep them all a secret from me?" Maddie asks and Kelly can see the hurt in her eyes. He feels bad for the woman, but he understands why his husband did what he did.

"I was planning on telling you but every time I tried I just kept thinking of you telling Chimney and then you might as well put it up on a billboard somewhere. I had every intention of telling them when we first got here, then Bobby said the 118 wasn't a family, and I decided it wasn't worth the heartache of telling them. So when we did get closer it was harder to tell them as so much time had already passed. It was just easier to keep them all a secret as we didnt know how much longer we were gonna be here anyway.'' Evan explained.

"I would never tell anyone, especially not howie without your permission. But I do understand where you're coming from. I don't blame you, can I meet my nieces though?" she says and asks with tears in her eyes.