💚 Chapter 4 💚

When Carina returned back home that Saturday, both of her parents were already waiting for her to arrive. Carina stepped out of the visitor's fireplace and blinked when she saw her father and mother sitting in wait for her. Astoria was looking to be rather exasperated, as if she didn't want to sit there but Draco's shoulders had been tense, and only released when Carina appeared.

"You've arrived, Carina!" Draco said, and Carina stared at her father as she shot out of his seat and within a split second, his hands were on her shoulder, checking on her to make sure that she was not hurt anywhere. "Potter and his boy didn't give you any trouble, did they?"

"No, they did not," Carina replied. "We had a normal day and we were essentially studying," She met her eyes with her father. "I am not weak, Father, I wish you would trust me,"

"Carina, darling, the dinner is almost ready," Astoria spoke up before Draco could continue. "Will you be joining us? Or would you like to turn in to bed already?"

"Are grandfather and grandmother joining us?" Carina asked as she turned to look at her mother. "I want you to be honest with me about this. Please do not lie to me,"

"They... they just arrived," Draco replied, already knowing why his daughter had asked. "But Carina, listen, at least greet them before you go... they have been –"

"Pressuring you two to go fetch me back from the Potters," Carina filled in astutely. "You hid here in wait for me to come back," She looked away from them, rather upset. "I don't like this at all,"

"They are only worried about you, Carina," Draco told her, even though Carina could tell from his voice that he knew it wasn't entirely the truth. "You're their only granddaughter,"

"I have nothing more to say," Carina replied quietly. She met eyes with her mother's green pair. "I will greet them and head to bed. I'm quite tired,"

With nothing more to be exchanged, Carina walked past her parents and headed toward the family room where she knew Lucius and Narcissa would be present. As she neared the room, she could hear Scorpius speaking, talking about his exams coming up next year. When Carina took a breath and opened the door, and the room felt silent just as expected.

"Sisty, you're back!" Scorpius called out, glad to see her again as he threw his book aside and stood up, coming over to her. "Did you have a lot of fun? I was so bored without you there! I can come with you tomorrow, right? Please, please, please!"

"I suppose you can say that I had fun," Carina replied, reaching out to stroke her brother's hair back into place that he had ruffled up. "Yes, you can come with me tomorrow,"

"Don't tell me you're still going back to that place again tomorrow, Carina?" Lucius said, very clearly irked as he stood up, cutting Scorpius's excitedness short.

"Lucius!" Narcissa said through gritted teeth before turning to look at the two teenagers with a smile. "Why don't you two come visit us tomorrow? It's been a while since you have done so,"

"I apologise but as I have said before, nothing will change my mind," Carina spoke up. "This is my school project; I am not the one to slack. I came here to greet you, and since this is reopening old arguments, I will say my good night and head to bed. I have some work to do in the morning,"

Carina did not look at her father as she walked past him, not caring what his expression had to say. She felt rather harassed and frustrated at the way her family was ganging up on her. She did not want to speak to any of them about this again but she knew that they took her as too passive just because she was quiet. She wished to graduate so she could live on her own accord.

But even then, Carina wondered if she would be allowed her freedom. She did not hate her family, and she did not wish to cut ties with them over her life choices. It was disturbing, however, that the only way she could truly achieve her freedom was to leave.