26: Epilogue

September 27th 2023

Chuseok was coming up not much sooner than the next day. Jungkook had returned to his hometown, Busan, this weekend to spend the holiday at home.

Even though his father tried bettering his role as Jungkook's father and family, Jungkook found it hard understanding and forgiving him. And no, it was not his father that had asked him to come home this weekend. Why would he, Jungkook thought.

It hadn't even been a month since Jungkook started at Seoul's national university college of music.

Living his every day life on campus, not having to hide his passion for music and producing anymore, while making new friends with the same interests was something he really enjoyed. But it was also tiring, considering all the things he had to adjust to.

Jungkook wasn't used to talk to much about himself, but this school and its student made it so easy.

He wasn't used to listen in class as he had never needed to study to do great in high school, but now was different. Even though he used to play and sing with his cousin and for his mother, he realized through the small thirty days he'd been at college so far, that he did not know much about notes and music theory. He knew the basics, C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C but he never learned how to read the actual note symbols.

Especially his two new roommates was a thing to adjust to.

One of them was a pure bomb of energy, Haein. He was the first one Jungkook noticed as he entered his room on the first day of school. He had quickly gotten up from the floor, where he had supposedly been doing pushups, to greet Jungkook. Even though Jungkook found him funny and actually seemed to have formed a rather close bond with him, he was maybe a bit too energetic and social, not leaving Jungkook and the other roommate in silence for even a second as long as he was in the room.

And then the other roommate - the nerd, as Jungkook would call him. Jake was always at their dorm either reading or studying, rarely seen doing anything else. The only time he would leave the dorm other than to go to class or the local library, was when his two roommates would drag him out.

It's easy to say that Jungkook was looking forward to a few days at home.

Back home in Busan, Nia was also on her way home for a three days holiday. But home wasn't more than a car ride away from Busan Arts College.

It almost blew Nia off her chair as she had found out she got accepted into her dream college. Most people like to attend colleges away from their hometown, to explore new things, but Nia had always known that she wanted to stay as close as possible, studying the thing she loved the most, arts.

Haejin was not far either and even though they didn't hang as often as they wanted to, they found time occasionally and facetimed whenever she wasn't busy being with her new boyfriend, Namjoon. Nia didn't believe her ears at first when Haejin told her she had gotten a boyfriend, but she was still much more than happy for her best friend.

Nia hadn't seen Hoseok for a while, even though she had partly forgiven him. Hoseok had made it clear that he was very sorry, and considering that he had posted a girl on his instagrams story multiple times recently, made Nia worry less that he still liked her. But he and Nia did never really get as close as they were before and now that he was studying in Gwangju, they rarely spoke.

However Nia had made a great friend in Kim Taehyung, who had surprisingly stumbled into the same class as her on the first day of college. It was one big of a coincidence that both of them had joined the same class. Nia had always thought Taehyung only attended art class in high school because it was easy to pass with decent grades, but ever since pairing up with him at the start of the semester, she learned that he was actually really talented and had lots of potential. The two had never really spoken much, but Nia had always thought he seemed funny, which only she was proven to be right about.