Time Has Run Out

Chosen smiles, picking up an old picture that Second took with a camera he got for his birthday. It's in a brown and gold wooden frame that Chosen made himself.
   He wipes the dust collected on the glass. He watches the picture of the two of them with guilt and longing, wishing he could've made things right with him.
   Carefully, he places the picture in a moving box along with other items. One of which is a particular old-fashioned clock that was set on the shelf alongside the picture. It's mint green- Second's favorite color.
...

   "Second! It's almost 5!" Chosen yells to Second's closed door from the kitchen as he cuts up vegetables for dinner.
   He hears a thud from inside.
   "Shit- ALREADY?!" He yells back, muffled through the wall. He chuckles.
   "Yep! Are you at least dressed-"
   He bursts out of the room with an oversized Metallica shirt and gray pants with paint and holes scattered all over them.
   "Kid that's my shirt-"
   "I forgot!! Did you put my clothes in the dryer??!!" He interrupts frantically.
   "No? That's your mess, deal with it yourself-"
   "Ahhhh, can I borrow a shirt?! Just for today?"
   "All of my clothes are black."
   "I don't care, I just need something!"
   "Did you even brush your hair-"
   "CHOSEN!"
   "Alright alright.. follow me." Chosen says, starting toward his room and shaking his head.

   "Okay. Keep the Metallica shirt." He says, opening his closet. "What about army green jeans?"
   "Oh I can wear the pants I have on-"
   "Hell no. They're covered in holes." He says. Second scoffs. "It's only.. two!" He says, counting. "Th-three... four.. is that paint?" He whispers to himself.
   "You're wearing the jeans, kid." Second sighs. Chosen takes the pants out.
   "Isn't it like a date or something?"
   "N-no?! Green and I are just going to hang out because the others are busy."
   "So you're not dating yet?"
   "NO! No no no he doesn't- I-I don't-" He lets out a huff of air. "What about you and Dark?"
   "..What about us?"
   "Well he was flirting with you yesterday? I assumed you guys-"
   "He was not flirting with me! How do you know what to consider as flirting?"
   "I'm better than you at it apparently!" Chosen scoffs.
   "Then how come you deny that Green likes you?!"
   "Because he doesn't!"
   "Ugh just go get dressed. You're gonna be late for your date." Second narrows his eyes.
   "It's NOT a date!! It's a hangout." He says and leaves the room.
   "Same thing." He mutters under his breath.
   He looks at the floor, arms crossed.
   Man, we are terrible at this relationship shit aren't we, he thinks to himself.
...

   He smiles at the memory. Green gave Second the clock the next day as a joke, reminding him not to be late next time.
   He picks up the clock to inspect it. It's stuck, not ticking like it should.
   "Hey... Chosen?" He turns around to a short green stick. Cho's face softens a bit when he sees him.
   "Oh, hi Green." He says and nods. "What are you doing here?"
   "Dark told me you were packing. If it's okay with you, maybe I could help?" He says.
   Chosen hesitates before nodding. "It's.. the least I could do.."
   "Of course. Thank you." He says.
   A half smile crosses Green's face as he looks over to Second's bedroom door.
   Suddenly the smile fades. "I'm so sorry about everything.." Chosen looks down at the clock with a bit of a frown and puts it back in the box.
   "Yeah..." He says. ..me too."