Chapter 2

"WHAT DO you mean by that? A job that involves killing people?" paglilinaw niya na sinagot naman nito ng tango

"WHAT DO you mean by that? A job that involves killing people?" paglilinaw niya na sinagot naman nito ng tango. Bahagya siyang nagtaka dahil sa binanggit nito. "Are you a police officer?"

Kumunot ang noo niya nang kumawala ang mahinang tawa sa bibig ng lalaki. "I'm kidding. I own several companies, including restaurants, malls, and other stuff."

Gusto niyang humanga sa sobrang yaman nito pero makakasira lang 'yon sa aura niya kaya ngumiti na lang siya rito. "So, you are richer than my father? Well..." She rested her back on the chair before staring at Lincoln. "I hope we end up together so I can depend on you also, is it okay for you if I ask for expensive things? You are wealthy naman, 'di ba? You won't entirely mind my requests, like, buying me some stuff, and anything? Right?"

Gusto niyang palakpakan ang sarili dahil sa pag-arte. Mukhang matu-turn off na ang kaharap sa sinabi pa lang niya. 'Yon naman talaga ang gusto niyang mangyari umpisa pa lang.

"Yeah, I won't mind at all."

She unbelievably looked at him when she heard his answer. Taranta siyang napakamot sa leeg bago ito tanungin. "What? You won't m-mind at all? Really? I'm obsessed with expensive things. I'm really obsessed with them... big time." Yeah, that was a lie.

Tumango muli ang lalaki sa kaniya. "You can depend on me anytime you want, Dominic. You're hoping that this date will turn out good, and I'm willing to make it happen."

"Hindi!" Lumalim ang tingin nito sa kaniya nang biglang tumaas ang boses niya. She's also shocked with her sudden actions. Pero para mapagtakpan 'yon ay nagpakawala na lang siya ng pilit na tawa. "I mean, hindi... hindi ako aangal sa gusto mong mangyari."

Mabilis niyang iniwas ang tingin sa kaharap nang pumasok ang isang lalaking naka-uniform din. He's wearing the same clothes with the woman a while ago, maybe they're the servers here. The man just placed two menu papers on the table before leaving.

Kasabay naman no'n ay ang pag-ring din ng cellphone niya, her team's second commander, Blake, is calling in the middle of nowhere.

"Please order for me, I just have to answer this phone quietly," she casually said to Lincoln who just replied with a little smile.

Bahagya siyang pumihit patalikod sa lalaki bago sagutin ang tawag sa mahinang boses. "The hell, Blake? You're actually calling me when I'm not on duty?"

"What the fuck, Peresiah? You sounded like you're in the middle of something. Did you actually attend the blind date your father set up?" Mariin niyang pinikit ang mga mata nang marinig ang pang-aasar sa tono nito.

"Oo, tangina ka. Mamaya n'yo na ako bombahin ng mga tanong kapag nakalayas na ako rito. Ano ba 'yon? Malayo ako sa agency, I won't be able to do something if it has something to do with a mission," she whispered angrily.

"I'm just trying to inform you about Jahaira. They're locating you right now, I hacked through their devices, and it shows right here that you're their next target. What did you do to trigger them?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya at napatayo pa siya sa kinauupuan nang marinig 'yon. Mabilis naman siyang lumingon kay Lincoln na nagmamasid sa kaniya. She just faked a smile before walking towards the corner of the room. "What do you mean they're locating me? I can't fight, I'm in the middle of a date."

"That's what you get when you're attacking an entire clan by yourself. I know you can handle yourself alone, but during these times, you will have a hard time dealing with them. So, ditch your date, and fight them."

She bit her lower lip in annoyance. "Hindi puwede! Baka ibalibag ako ni dad kapag nalaman niya, this man is a very important person, and I can't just ditch him. Hayaan mo 'yang putanginang Jahaira na 'yan, hindi agad nila ako matutunton. I will wipe out their whole clan tonight for trying to track me, fuck them."

"Alone? Gago, sabi ko fight lang. Don't attack them alone, especially that they're expecting you to do that already. They're at their defense mode."

Mapaglaro siyang ngumisi. "Edi maganda, I'll kill them one by one, and I'll start with these assholes tracking me down."

"Do you need any back-up? Lindsey is free right now," he replied.

She shook her head in frustration. "No, don't do that. I can handle. I just need to buy more time, and finish this date as soon as possible. Just send some men to clean the mess afterwards."

"Okay, whatever you want. Send us some pictures after." Blake let out a mischievous laugh. "Or maybe you can take a video?"

"Gago, asa. Gayahin mo pa mga moves ko, mamaya angasan mo pa ako," angal niya.

"Kapal ng mukha"

Binabaan niya na ng tawag ang lalaki bago pa ito magwala at muling bumalik sa kinauupuan. Agad na umangat ang tingin niya kay Lincoln na inaabot ang menu pabalik sa server na mabilis ding umalis pagkatapos.

"I'm sorry about that, tumawag kasi 'yung pinsan ko. May nangyari lang daw sa school nila," pagdadahilan niya.

His eyes focused on her as his lips curved a grin. "Hmm. I understand." He fixed his tie. "I ordered everything in the menu so you can try them all."

Her eyebrows curved after hearing that. "What? The entire menu? You don't h-have to do that, we can't e-eat them all."

"It's fine, I want your feedback about the dishes they serve here. It seems like you're capable of giving your own opinion about it," he replied.

Peke siyang ngumiti rito. "Can we go shopping after this? I want to buy a lot of stuff in Hermès. I heard they released another limited edition bags. I want to buy them all."

She needs to buy a lot of time so those assholes that Jahaira sent will have a hard time locating her exact location.

Lincoln smirked playfully while staring at her. "Sure, I have a lot of time."

"