1. Maintenance

I wrote this after getting eye test and some overstimulation, hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Shit. Fuck, oh crap!" The air elemental cursed.

Turns out trying to step out of a car, pull the keys out, and take a wallet out of his back pocket was too many tasks at once for the man, so he ended up dropping his keys and his cash simultaneously into the gutter. Filled with snow slush. And dead leaves.

Great. Juuust great, Lasko.

He crouched down, his scarf coming loose and dipping into the late-winter mush, as he managed to grab and shake the muck off of his previously dropped items.

He groaned, standing up and noticing his now grimy scarf.

"Oh c'mon, shit." Lasko grumbled.

Closing and locking his car behind him, he sped walk down the pavement towards the academy.

"Goddamn construction, I mean I get it, keeping the road safe, et cetera, but having to park so far out? It's insane!" He rambled, putting on his gloves, and trying to check on everything remaining in his wallet. "Okay, there has to be some positives to this, I can't be such a downer on my second day back at work." He recounted his items, all there, and slowed his pacing while taking a breath.

"Well... I don't get to see this part of town often.. It's nice I suppose." He smacked his lips, trying to find more lighthearted aspects of this situation.

Turns out he didn't have time to look for anymore, checking his watch, he noticed the time.

"Oh, shit!"

---

As he walked back down the sidewalk, trying to relocate his parking spot, Lasko took in a deep breathe. It was around 2pm, since the staff and school were still preparing for the new term, the Professor, still getting used to that, had finished early, and after helping some staff with maintenance, he left.

It was nice weather right now, chilly, but sun rays were peeking from behind the clouds.
He contemplating taking off his jacket, but decided against it. It was still fucking cold.

Okay, I remember...Alcroft Lane..
I think.
"Or was it Sullivan Road? Crap."
Even though he didn't have much work yet, and he was excited to start teaching again, getting back into the habit of waking up early was a challenge.
That included being able to remember things in the morning.

He yawned, deciding to have a break from his car-hunt, and see if there was anywhere he could get some food. Or at least a warm drink. As nice as this sun was, Lasko's nose and cheeks were red. If he didn't have a beanie on, his ears would be too.

~~~
This is all I have energy for, next chapter coming soon. I hope. We'll see. <3