XV. Wait, What..?

Chapter 15, Wait, What..?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " What is there for me to say? There's nothing there to say. "

  ~ Harper's POV  ~

  We arrived to the hospital in record time, my mom unlocked the car and grabbed my hand, she didn't say anything but just squeezed my hand for reassurance.
  I never liked hospitals, too many movies based all around them is what made me not like them anymore, I didn't know if I could trust the nurse without telling my mom to stay in the room with me.

    As we walked in, my mom pointed to the seating area of the waiting room while she walked to the front desk to sign me in, I obeyed and walked to sit next to the water dispenser.
   I had my phone in my bookbag which I had left in the car because I didn't want to do homework while I waited for the doctor, I mean who does that at all? Not me, not anyone I think.

    My mom walked back with paper work in her hands, she smiled at me as she took the open seat beside me and began to fill out the paperwork that was given to her, I just stared ahead a the tv that was playing The Young and The Restless.
   Never liked that show, mostly because when it first aired I was either not alive or forbidden to watch it because of my age, so I just never liked it.

    Once my mom finished with her paperwork, she walked back to the front desk and handed it in, walking back with a worrisome expression on her face, there was nothing I could say or do to prevent her from being worried.
   I just had to embrace the fact that I waited too long for my body and sickness to get worse, which means that I can't get angry because my mom began to worry about me.

    Nerves shook me as I waited for my name to be called to a floor and then to a room where a doctor would assist me, I didn't like having to wait because it just made me more nervous than I need to be.
  My mind went around in circles, I didn't want to think of the worst but what are you supposed to think of when you're at the hospital?

     "Harper Jane Larson?"

    A nurse asked me, I looked up from the tv and got up quickly as my mother grabbed her purse and my hand, we walked up the nurse as my hands began to shake, I felt like throwing up.

   "Go to floor four, room 405."

   I nodded my head as I walked to the elevator and pressed the button, when the doors opened, we walked in and pressed the fourth button and listened to the stupid elevator music.
   With how fast my heart was racing, I was so sure that it was going to pop out of my chest and start running out of the elevator, but I had to remind myself that I needed to stay calm and collected.

   The doors opened and I grabbed my mother's hand out of instinct, we walked out of the elevator and turned to our right, once we got to the room, we were welcomed by a nurse who was waiting for us already.
   I let out a small cough as I sat down on the bed and waited for the nurse to the checkup.

   "Alright, Dr. Hansen will be with you shortly, hang tight kiddo."

    The nurse patted my shoulder and then left the room causing me to slowly relax, I needed to take a moment to either take a deep breath or catch it because I didn't know whether to seem relieved that the nurse was sweet or to worry because I still didn't know what was wrong with me.
   I picked at my fingers as my mother went through her phone trying to speak to her boss, she needed to ask for another shift to make up for the one that she was missing at this moment, I ran my fingers up and down my jeans.