Oneshot

Hi everyone!

This is just a oneshot I started working on a few weeks ago. I forgot about it until last night so I decided to finish it this morning.

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading
Nat xx

'Do you remember anything?'

'No,' Cheryl answered quietly. 'You?'

'No. No, um... Neither do I'.

'Toni?' Cheryl reached out for the brunettes hand, taking it gently in her own. 'Thank you'.

'Of course. Anything to possibly save the town'.

Their eyes found each other for a moment, so many words left unsaid as Toni pushed back the duvet and Cheryl fell back against her pillow.

Both of their chests ached, enough for them to want to cry because though they didn't say it, they remembered.

They remembered every lingering touch, every kiss, everything.

Each believed the other though when they said they didn't remember, maybe that would have changed something.

Maybe the confession of remembering the previous night would have forced them to talk about it.

But they didn't, so instead they pushed away their feelings like they had for years.

Toni hesitated after pulling on her clothes, Cheryl wasn't looking at her, instead she laid in bed staring blankly into space.

'Bye Cher...'

'Oh, goodbye Toni'.

The brunette sent her a pained smile before leaving the redheads bedroom, everything in her telling her to go back as she stumbled down the stairs.

Cheryl didn't acknowledge the tears prickling her dark eyes, she didn't want to, it would only hurt more.

Details of last night playing through her mind, she wasn't in control, but she could feel everything all the same.

Abigail's love for Thomasina mirrored her love for Toni.

It was just as intense.

Just as fierce.

But they wanted each other.

Toni didn't want her.

Not like she wanted Toni.

She couldn't dwell for too long though, she had to save the town so as much as she wanted to hide from the world she couldn't.

After grabbing her robe she headed for her bedroom door, opening it with her eyes to the ground until she almost bumped into the person stood on the other side.

'Toni?' Cheryl quietly gasped, her voice catching slightly in her throat. 'Did you forget something?'

'I... um...'

Cheryl wrapped her robe a little tighter around her body, she was nervous as she watched Toni tripping over her words.

'I was just heading to the bathroom, you're welcome to grab whatever you forgot,' Cheryl said as she attempted to pass Toni in the doorway, she was feeling more than fragile and she wasn't sure she could hide her emotions.

Not that she was sure she did in the first place.

'Wait...' Toni said reaching for Cheryl's hand. 'I... I need to say something'.

'Are you all right?' Cheryl trying not to concentrate too much on Toni's hand on hers.

'Yeah...' Toni said dropping the redheads hand and walking back into the bedroom shutting the door behind them.