Theme Park

It was about 5 o' clock pm, Ashlyn had already been trying to concentrate on her schoolwork. However, the thought that at night they would have to go to that place again drove her crazy. The pressure she felt was impeccable. She had to plan things out ahead of time, try to find alternatives if anything went wrong, as well as secure everyone's safety. She tried not to let it get to her way too much, but she felt like she needed a break. Her hair had been undone while she laid silently on her bed, looking up at the roof above solemnly. She never had any friends before, and although it wasn't ideal at first she had grown a liking to them. Of course, that was a bit embarrassing for her to think. She looked at her shadow that was completely distorted from her current look. It was something she had to adjust to— but it was still pretty weird. Her feet pressed against the floor, before hearing something hit the back of the window. It made a giant thud. "What was that?" She asked herself in a stern voice. Who in their right mind would throw a rock at her window? She got up to walk over, opening the blinds to spot her friends. She sent a eye roll their way before opening the window to see what they wanted. "Why are you guys here?" She asked as her eyes narrowed. Aiden gave a smug grin. "We needed to get your attention." He said as he looked at the fallen rock that hit the grass. Taylor gave a quick smile, who accompanied her twin by being beside them. "We are going to the Theme Park down the street! Would you like to come Ashlyn?" She asked. Ashlyn looked to the side for a brief moment, thinking how far she had come with the bonds between her friends. She gave a raspy gulp before continuing. "If you give me a moment, I'll get ready." She said with her usually reserved voice. "Also, no more throwing rocks at my window." She said with an austere glare. She grabbed the edge of the frame but before shutting it completely spoke. "Meet me at my front door." she said. With a firm grip, she shut the window tight and headed over to her closet. She knew it would be cold since it was fall so she grabbed a red jacket and a pair of jeans. She dressed accordingly to what she had chose then looked down in her closet where she had a few pairs of shoes displayed but they were never really organized because she never took the time to organize things. "Alright, I guess I will wear boots." She said blankly as she took them from her closet and put them on, tying them not too shortly after. She shut her closet door and made her way downstairs and to the front door. With a sigh, she zipped her jacket up and walked down. Before she got any further, she had a stunned look on her face. 'Oh wait, my hair— it's completely down.' she thought, if it was shorter she wouldn't of had a problem but long hair can be an issue in many ways. It always gets in your face or can get tangled more easily. She pulled out one of her rubber bands from her wrist and put her hair up into a ponytail. Normally her mom would braid her hair, but she simply didn't have time to ask. After enough distractions and just the average amount of time it took her to get ready she finally made it to the front door. As she stood on the 'welcome home' mat, she grabbed the keys from a nearby shelf and twisted the knob to open the door.

Her friend group greeted her with a wave as they gave a wide smile. "Hey Ashlyn. Are you ready?" Tyler, beside his twin asked. "Yes, I am. I took a little while though so sorry about that." She said with her normal tone, except a little bit awkward. "Let's just get going then, you guys are taking way too long!" Aiden said with his usual 'I-want-to-cause-chaos-and-will' grin. Logan and Ben nodded their heads as Ashlyn locked the door behind her. "Are we walking there? It is a long way. ." Logan asked. "No" Tyler continued "our mom said she would drive us." A relieved smile came from the boy "Oh alright." He replied.

The group made it over to Tyler and Taylor's house. There parents were already in the car, but they unlocked the doors with their keys by pressing the button. Ashlyn, Logan, Ben, Aiden, and Taylor all got in. Usually, it would be too many people— however luckily enough it was one of those cars with three extra seats in the back. Taylor, Ben, and Tyler were in the first three seats. Ashlyn sat in the very back because she figured it would be more comfortable until Aiden tagged along. Just like he always did— but it was a lot worse in the beginning of the year.