𝐎𝐂𝐓 𝟐𝟖𝐓𝐇

"yo little cole lets go play pong!" zach said

"yo little cole lets go play pong!" zach said. i looked at justin to see if it was okay and he nodded.

"i'll play too, but you know you're gonna get your ass kicked," i said.

"goodmorning." i said as i smiled at zach. he smiled back. "no boyfriend?" he asked me.

i crossed my arms and shook my head. "hes not my boyfriend, zach." i replied. he blew air from his nose. "thats not what everyone else is saying. look, i support you one hundred percent, but how does jess feel?"

"zach, i said hes not my boyfriend!" i said loudly.

"whos not your boyfriend?" justin said as he came behind me. his right arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"oh, justy! maia here was just saying-"

"i was saying how were going to be the cutest people at the contest." i said while smirking at justin.

"who are you two supposed to be?" zach asked us. "says the one wearing a scuba mask." i giggled. "grease!" justin smiled. "you're in a good mood arent you?" i chuckled.

he grinned and pulled me in closer.

i then saw jess stop and stare at us. she rolled her eyes and quickly walked away, but i ran after her.

"jess..."

"save it maia, i know you and justin are together. its okay. he's happier." she said while awkwardly smiling.

"look, i don't know what you've heard but none of its true. me and justin are not a thing."

she chuckled. "so, you plan to dress as a couple for the costume contest. you show up to bryces without telling me, and you have his arm wrapped around you? and you're not a thing?"

"jess im serious, theres nothing between us!" i lied.

"fuck you maia, you're just like that bitch hannah, a liar and a slut." she said before storming off.

was it true? was i slut because i was sleeping with justin?

i slowly backed away and headed straight for class.

"maia, where are you going?" justin said as he ran after me. i jerked my arm away from him and stopped.

"am i a slut?" i said quietly.

he frowned. "no? who said that?" justin chuckled.

"its not funny justin, im serious."

"i don't think you're a slut maia, who said that, im serious."

i looked around and scratched my arm. then the bell rang. "i gotta go." i said.

he shook his head no. "was it jess?" i didn't say anything.