𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6 - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤.

When the next morning rolls around its raining loudly outside, crashing down onto the window with such force that it felt like the glass could shatter at any moment and Lance wasn't going to wake up until an hour from now at 9 but instead he has to get up because of some knocking from the door downstairs,  he gets out of bed sluggishly then to where the noise is coming from..who would be knocking this early? god it better be important or Lance is gonna be pissed.   He unlocks then opens the door and when his tired gaze lifts he see's 2 men in formal uniform with a few police car's outside, it didn't take long for his brain to register why they were here even in its tired state but before he could say anything one of them addressed him, not harshly or intimidating like how they would handle millions of people who had criminals living with them, instead he spoke gently and even used his name like he knew him entirely - it wasn't even what they usually did because of their job.  "Lance does Keith live with you in this house?"     the brunette didn't know how to even respond because he know's whats about to happen, he knows Keith is about to be arrested for his countless crimes   "If he is then you have to tell us. Lying will only get yourself in trouble."

His mouth feels so dry and he doesn't know whether he wants to cry or be happy about this. He's going to be away from the emotional abuse, the survivor's guilt for who knows how long and that'll be good won't it?    but he's going to miss Keith no matter what he's done, to him, to others, Lance will want to be with him.  In fact he's surprised he's also not being arrested at this very moment considering he has been with Keith ever since high school where he murdered everybody in it, where Lance made him do it just because he liked the attention.  Why he says the next thing he says is a reason he will never begin to know but he  nods and says's just above a whisper  "He's  upstairs..please don't hurt him."      the other policeman tell's him roughly  "If he struggles Mr Mcclain then he will get hurt but it won't be our fault. He only has himself to blame."     the two officer's pushed past him to head up into the bedroom where Keith was still sound asleep.

They walked in and saw him still asleep but lifting him up to place some handcuffs on him would wake him anyway 

"Keith Kogane you're under arrest for the mass murder of Volt high as well as any other crimes you have committed. You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention something now which you later rely on in court. Anything you do or say may be given as evidence, This means you do not have to answer questions if you don't wan't to."    

Keith was very much awake now and was trying to struggle against the cuffs as the two officers got him down the stairs, the look he gave Lance was of pure anger and pain as he shouted towards him "YOU TRAITOR HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE FOR YOU."    ,  he had nothing to say because why did he immediately assume Lance did it?  didn't he trust him at all?  but if it wasn't him then who called the police?

"I-I DIDN'T CALL THEM."  Lance spoke back before another officer there that was shoving Keith into a police car responded : "someone you thought you killed , is alive and called us, you recognise the name Altair Mr Kogane?"    "HIM? HE'S MEANT TO BE DEAD."    "Well guess you finally messed up. You're going away for a longg time." .   The car's soon drove away after they got Keith inside leaving Lance stunned in the doorway because he was gone..he got caught after all these years which was a good and bad thing, good since he would get the help he needed and bad since Lance will have to suffer with the PTSD alone.   All he had to do now was wait for the  police questioning he'd have to endure and the actual court case.
————————
All the questioning was like torture because there was some he didn't even know how to respond to, some where he got really emotional because he was remembering some things he wished he never experienced, the court case was even worse when he had to be on a stand answering question from the judge every so often.  Keith wasn't the only one there to be talked about since Jessica was also there but why? what did she do?   , her brother was there for obvious reasons, Keiths lawyer stood to speak  "Your honour, i would like to bring to attention that Mr Kogane is not the only one that is guilty in this court room since i have evidence of Ms Xylo murdering the young woman who was Nina Smith."   the evidence was presented to the room and the judge even asked if it was true to which Jessica agrees without hesitation.

It took weeks for the case to become closed, Jessica and Keith were found guilty and charged. Keith with mass murder, abuse, and breaking and entering but they're going slightly easier on his sentence since he did everything he did because of mental illness, he's got 5 years in a mental hospital then 10 in prison.  Jessica was charged with murder, stalking, fraud, breaking and entering also, abuse and identity theft meaning she would have to go to the mental hospital as well but then she would serve life in prison since her crimes weren't due to a mental illness she couldn't control. It was all over the news after that, the police finally caught Keith after 4 year's of probably trying to find him - Lance instantly booked to see a therapist about it all because he wouldn't be able to cope with the fact that he wouldn't  have anyone to talk to about the PTSD , to help him get through everything.

It was going to be 15 long years so surely he'll be able to finally make some friends right?  Keith would come back but better, he would still have his own trauma and mental illness but he wouldn't be a killer anymore, he wouldn't be upset that Lance made connections with others right?   the extreme jealousy would be gone along with the murderous intention's.  Until the time came where they would see each other again Lance would work on re building his life again like he had the first time they moved to this town, when Keith returns he would then help him rebuild his life, they would talk about everything when they had to even if it pained them to do so.

They would come back to each other, meet again on some sunny day.