19. drawn by the name, i stand in chaos

The car ride was filled with unbearable silence, as Steve drove to the Forest Hills trailer park

"This better be fast, Mayfield-" Steve says, as Max quickly opened the car door and went out, as the rest looked at her, with worry in their eyes. "Twenty seconds." She says, as she walks off, in which Clemency did not let pass, as she quickly followed the younger girl.

"Clemency... Twenty seconds." The girl says as she sternly looked at Clemency, who just stood there looking back at her, making her sigh, walking off and leaving Clemency standing there with the boys.

Clemency walked over Steve's car, and leaned her back at it, Steve stayed inside the car, looking at Clemency, who had a worried look on her face. The girl kept her eyes on the Mayfield's trailer, as they waited for Max.

"That thing's got batteries in it, right?" Steve asked, looking over to Dustin, as the younger boy looked back at him, and sighed. "I'm not even gonna answer that question...." He sarcastically says, Steve looking with a baffled look.

"Yes, it has batteries." Dustin sternly says looking at Steve as he looks back at the boy. "Yeah, I got it."

As the time passed, Clemency grew more impatient, and walked her way off, Steve furrowed his eyebrows looking at the girl. "Clemency?" He called out, but the girl just ignored him, while the two younger boy's eyes followed her tracks.

As she reached the trailer's door step, Clemency stopped, and just had a strong feeling in her gut. She thought it most likely might have been just because of Max's current case, but then again, it was not just her she was worried about, and the sinking feeling made her feel out of breath, with her head pounding.

Clemency walked inside the trailer, but Max was not there, and immediately worried. She walked further, and saw the letters that Max left on a table, and looking up out the window, seeing the view of the back of the trailer, she saw Max in a trance, and quickly ran her way out of there, with fear in her eyes.

As she got there, Max fell backwards, while Clemency caught her before she could hit the ground. "Max." She says, as the girl pants, breaking in a cold sweat as she looked around her, filled with fear in her eyes, Max got herself off of Clemency's hold, walking off and leaving the girl worrying for her. Clemency quickly followed after Max, as the girl went to Steve's car, the boys stood by the car, and looked at the two girls.

"Hey, that was longer than 20 seconds." Steve says, as Max hurried her way by his car, with the rest of the group's eyes looking at her. "Hey, whoa, whoa. Are you all right?" Steve continued, as he gave Max a worried look, then onto Clemency, with a questioning look.

Max quickly looked over Clemency with a stern look, and opened the car door. "I'm fine. Just drive." She says, avoiding the group's eyes, entering the car, as the rest did too. "Did something happen?" Dustin worriedly asked, looking at both the girls, back and forth.