Intros and Drinks

Aether heaved out a heavy sigh as he flipped the sign hanging on the door, the bold letters stating 'OPEN' now seemingly glaring at him as the clock read 5:53pm. The blonde ignored the tiny voice in his head telling him he was supposed to wait until exactly 6 to close the cafe, he was too overwhelmed to risk having another lifeform enter the small space. Aether grabbed the rag off of the entry table, the bottle of cleaner sitting right beside it, and quickly got to work cleaning the tables. The cafe was pretty small but was still spacious, a small, entry table flush against the wall by the door, a large potted plant sat against the opposite side of the door. A small cream coloured, half circle welcome mat was pressed against the door, and a few paintings littered the walls. The two large windows on each side of the door were paired with long off white curtains, currently tied together with light pink ribbons, and potted plants littered the window sills.

The entire room fit 6 round tables, each adorned with 4 wood chairs that had soft cushins, and a vase with a single flower sat in the centre of each table. The 2 tables on the left hand side of the building had a Violet Grass stem resting in their respective vases, and the cushins were a soft lavender shade as well. The 2 in the centre of the room had a sinlge Glaze Lilly, the cushins on their chairs a baby blue to match. The final 2, on the righthand side, had a Liyuen flower, QingXin, and the cushins were a creamy white colour. Jean had Lumine and Aether help her choose the flowers when she decided to add more colour to the place 2 years prior, and they haven't found a reason to change them yet.

Aether made his way behind the counter, hiding the bottle of cleaner in one of the cabinets, before heading into the kitchen to grab the broom and dustpan. The barista station sat along the half-wall seperating the kitchen from the rest of the building, and the counter seperated the station from the guests. It was a simple set up, with one register sitting on the right edge of the counter, and a few small glass displays showing off the many baked goods they offered. The menu sat on the floor, leaning against the far left of the counter, a simple black chalkboard listening off the different drink choices and flavor options. Behind the counter and along the halfwall was another counter, much thinner than the way used for greeting their guests, and it held 4 coffee machines and an array of flavor pumps and powders. The small mini fridge below the counter held on the cold products.

Aether made his way back to the kitchen his sisters lulling voice drifting into the main space, a smile tugging on his lips as he allowed himself to relax once again. He reached up towards the bun sitting high on his head, unwrapping the multitude of hairbands he was forced to use, sighing in relief as his hair cascaded down his back. He returned the broom and pan to the closet before heading back into the lobby, running his fingers through his hair in an attempt to detangle it. He caught a glance of his reflection in the window across the room, and he subsonsiously analyzed his appearance.

He wore a light brown turtleneck, the thin material clinging to his biceps and chest, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows since they were a tad too long for his arms. The white vest he wore overtop had a small coffee stain on the chest pocket, and the hem was starting to fray from overuse. He had lost a button years ago and never fixed it, so it hung over his body, wide open and swaying with his movements. His light blue skinny jeans had holes in the knees and the fabric around his thighs and hips was strained and almost white. Aether was a small male, everything he owned being a size small, and a 1 in jeans, but ever since working with his sister and Jean he had finally started filling out a tad. He was still small, but most of his jeans tugged against his thighs as he jumped up a size in the last year. He glanced down at his white converse, sighing as he took note of their condition, and how he needed to wash them when he returned home.