Chapter 33

Jackson POV

"Mom, how can you do this to her? It will tear her into pieces" I said as I looked onto Isobel's file.

"I know. I know Jackson. But she didn't want her daughter to know." she tried to explain. 

"Mom, I just got her. How can I do this to her?" I asked.

"You are doing her a favor" We heard Dr. West. She entered my office.

"You are doing her a favor Jackson. She goes into a dark and twisted place when she loses people. This is the best way." she said. I looked down not agreeing with her.

"I know it's a lot to ask Jackson. She will understand. That's why I want you to do the surgery. So, that she will know that you tried everything you could" she said.

"But there is nothing I could do. The tumor has spread to the heart" I said.

"It will give me some time," She said. 

"Time for what?" Dani asked entering. "Hey there Baby" Dr. West greeted her. "I was talking about my patient for whom I wanted to consult with Dr. Avery," she said.

"Mmm. I still don't understand why you had to bring the patient here. You could have just asked Jackson to come there" Dani said taking the file. It was her mother's file but it didn't have her name on it.

"This the patient's scan?" she asked me. I looked at our mothers and gave her a shot nod. 

"That's a pretty big tumor," She said. 

"What do you think we should do, my dear?" Her mother asked her. She looked at the scans closely.

"Well, I wouldn't know till I get in there. But looking at the scans, a mastectomy for sure. It has affected her breasts completely. And as for the heart, I would excise the tumor putting her on a bypass. But that would make the patient very weak. Two big surgeries. How old is this patient?" she asked.

"65" Her mother answered. "And she just wants her mastectomy. She knows her body will not take another surgery" Her mother answered. I and my mother shared a pained look. 

"Well, if she changes her mind hit me up. I could scrub in with you. It's been a long time since we shared an OR" She said. Dr. West looked at me.

"Sure, sure my dear," she said.

"Alright, I have a triple transplant and that's 10 hours near the table. Guess I'll see you all tomorrow morning then" She said. I gave her a small smile, while our mothers gave a nod. She made her way outside.

"You cannot make me do this Dr. West," I told her.

"You can tell her once we are done with the surgery," She said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was still looking at Dr. West's scans when Meredith and Nathan entered. "Hey, we just heard. You ok?" Mer asked.

"I don't know. I cannot lie to my girlfriend about her mother. And I have to respect my patient's privacy who is my girlfriend's mother" I told them annoyed. Maggie, Alex, and Amy entered.

"Hey, we just heard," Amy said. "Jackson,  you don't have to do this alone alright? We all are here" Mer said.

"This is gonna be tough for her to digest," Nathan said. 

"Maybe I should tell her" I paced.

"She's already in surgery. Now it's against rules" Maggie said. "Who is assisting her?" Alex asked.