One: Growing Pains.

The next morning, Ellie was lay in bed...

She gasped and sat up and noticed she was in her bedroom. She began panting and freaking out, and Stefan appeared sitting on her bed.

Damon sat on her windowsill.

"Hey. Hey, calm down." Stefan says.

"Stefan?"

"Hey, I'm right here. I have been since last night. You've been in and out for hours." Stefan tells her.

"W... what happened?"

"You were in an accident." Said Stefan.

She began to remember going off the bridge.

"Oh, my God. Matt, is he...?"

"Alive? Ask Stefan. The hero." Damon said.

"No. No. I asked you to save him. It wasn't Stefan; he wanted to get me first, but I wouldn't let you."

"He's fine." Stefan tells her.

She signed.

"Thank you. I thought I... how did you...?"

"Ellie, I didn't save you. I wasn't fast enough. When Jeremy and Elena brought you to the hospital before all this happened... your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made the choice to feed you my blood to heal you."

"It's creepy how she even ended up with your blood, if you ask me

"It's creepy how she even ended up with your blood, if you ask me." Damon says.

"I'd like to know that too... but I've got more important things to do here..." Stefan said, looking at Damon.

"Um, guys? I'm kind of freaking out."

"Basically, Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system. You're in transition." Said Damon.

Stefan looked at him.

She started breathing heavily.

"Couldn't you break it to her in an easier way?" Stefan asked.

"Oh, my God. Does... does that mean that I... am I dead?"

Stefan looked down.

"No. No. No, that wasn't supposed to happen. Stefan, this isn't funny. You're joking? You gotta... you're not lying."

"Hey, calm down. I've talked to Bonnie. She said she's stronger than ever. There might be something she can do to help you." Stefan said, trying to calm her down.

"No. The only thing that's gonna help... is for you to feed and complete the transition." Said Damon.

"Stefan, please, get him out of my room."

"We have all day before she has to feed. A day to exhaust every possible way out of this. I'm not gonna give up until I find it." Said Stefan.

"There's no way out of it. We all know the drill. You feed or you die. There is no door number three."