Shot in the heart

Nancy's hand slowly moved down to under the bed to make sure her Shotgun was there. She felt a piece of metal that felt like the sawed-off barrel under the bed. Nancy tapped it twice to make sure it was her gun and when she knew it was, she smiled to herself.

"Whatcha smiling about Nance?"
Robin asked, head turned to her. Eyes focused on Nancy's lips, not looking at anything else.

Nancy moved her hand away from the gun and brought her hand back up to her face as she turned around to lay face to face with her girlfriend, Robin Buckley.

"Nothing."
Nancy responded to her as she was counting the freckles on the girl's face with her index finger.

Robin closed her eyes and smiled at the feeling of Nancy booping her freckles one by one.

Nancy counted under her breath softly, sometimes she lost count and started again. It annoyed Nancy when she lost count but it made Robin smile even wider.

Nancy loved Robin's smile, it always made her feel warm inside. The feeling of butterflies inside her stomach were always there but they were only caused by Robin. Robin, who would ramble about aliens, Robin who would make jokes about random things such as Steve's chest hair, Robin who would be more scared of rabies and earthquakes than actual monsters from a different dimension, Robin who kissed Nancy way better than Steve or Jonathan ever could.

But there was something that made Nancy wonder if Robin was really the right person for her. It was her trusty weaponry, her guns to be exact.
You see, Nancy loved Robin so much, like too much at times. But she also loved her guns, more than she has ever loved a person.

How could she smile and laugh with Robin when the love of her life is under her bed?

Nancy's first love was her trusty revolver. She felt the handgun in her hands way back when she went hunting for the demogorgon with Jonathan. When he handed it to Nancy the entire world opened up for her, the way it rested in her hands like they were meant to be was amazing.
She shot the can and fell in love at first shot. The recoil of the gun in her hands made her feel perfect. Like it was meant to be, she wanted to be with the revolver forever. And she was for a while. They fought and went through a lot together.

But their love was interrupted by the Russian Makrov. Hopper threw it to her to use, she needed to shoot the demodogs that were trying to get in the house. At first Nancy didn't enjoy holding the large weapon,It was pretty heavy and too big for her taste. But she warmed up to it over time, although she didn't want to go any further than to be friends with the Makarov. And so they stayed like that, friends. Nancy wouldn't leave her revolver behind that easily.

But that's when she found it, her shotgun. The perfect one for her. The party was at the war zone, buying supplies to execute their plan they had created to beat Vecna.

Her eyes locked on it, a length like none other, a width like a pencil, the stock like magic, the trigger like a diamond. The shotgun was perfect for her, except for the length of the barrel. It would make her shot go a little wonky, but she didn't care. She could fix it later.

Nancy grabbed the gun off the display and felt her heart pound in her head. She looked at the gun that was laying in her hands and put it into the shooting position. The feeling of the trigger pressing a little against her finger was phenomenal. The way she could simply cock the gun back with her other hand to have it ready for another shot gave her reassurance.

Fuck the revolver, this shotgun was hers now.

It was easy to say, she was in love.

————

It was at the entrance to the Creel house in the upside down when she realized that her love life would be a mess.

Robin reached for her hand when she saw Steve jumping around the vines. Searching for reassurance, Nancy gave it to her. She looked at Robin, the worried blue eyes staring back at her.