So fuckin' sweet

□■■□ □■■□

Sometimes a single glance was worth a thousand words. And at this, Nines was a true master.

"That's disgusting," was the first thing he said after they were back outside on the street.

The LED on his temple pulsed red. Pure disapproval was written all over the RK900's face. But despite everything, he couldn't help but keep staring.

Disgusted and fascinated at the same time, he couldn't take his eyes off Gavin for a second. For Nines, the sense behind it was simply too hard to understand. Of course, Gavin didn't give a shit about any of this. In contrast to Nines, his temples glowed a beautiful, relaxed blue and his eyes were filled with pure pleasure.

Two androids. Two deviants. But emotions which couldn't be more different. As already feared by Nines, the new CyberLife upgrade brought nothing but trouble. Useless and completely unnecessary, that' s all he had to say about it.

And yet he just had to look.

Gavin's lips curled into a sassy smile. With a wet plop, he pulled the bright blue lollipop from his mouth. A saliva-like liquid slicked the candy. For another brief moment, a fine string of it joined the android's lower lip to the sweet.

"Wanna try it?" Cheekily, Gavin offered the lollipop to him.

Nines wrinkled his nose. "Definitely not."

"Jesus, come on. This one meant to taste like thirium! It tastes, dipshit!"

In excitement, Gavin's LED jumped from blue to yellow. Although he had no way of knowing what thirium even tasted like, the simple fact of tasting anything at all was quite overwhelming.

"I don't have to suck on weird stuff to know what thirium tastes like. No, thank you."

Although androids still couldn't eat solid food, thanks to the newest upgrade they could at least drink liquids besides thirium. And yes, sucking on weird stuff was now possible, too. Not to forget, the ability to taste.

As he said - Useless and completely unnecessary.

Gavin rolled his eyes. A human habit he had mastered to perfection by now. This and passionate swearing.

"I don't have to suck on weird stuff, blah blah!" Annoyed, the smaller android aped Nine. "Okay, okay. How about ..." Thoughtfully, Gavin began to poke around in the well-stuffed bag in his arms. "Strawberry?"

"No."

"Cola flavour?"

"No."

"Lemon then?"

Nines clenched his jaw. "Gavin, I'm not going to..."

"Oh, wait! This one for sure! My absolute favourite so far! Coffee flavour! Can't wait to drink some!"

As if it were a small jewel, the android triumphantly pulled out a piece of candy wrapped in shimmery paper. Nine's analysis revealed nothing good.

The expression on his face was absoutely murderous. "No way."

"Damn it, Nines!" Shaking his head, Gavin shoved the lollipop back into his mouth. Not his first and probably not his last today. Fortunately, androids couldn't get tooth decay. "You idiot have no idea what you're missing!"

Nines shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you say."

Beside him, he heard Gavin muttering softly to himself. "Fucking android...stubborn bastard..."

What exactly he said, however, failed to reach Nines. Against his will, the RK900's attention was once again drawn to a specific part of the GV900's body. Immediately his optical units recorded every single movement.