baby

ship: dorbyn

summary; corbyns past relationship didn't end well.

corbyn had been sobbing into his pillow for over an hour now. his mental state wasn't great right now and he felt like he didn't have much of a support system. not that it wasn't his fault he didn't tho, he hid his sadness and stress from his band mates, he hadn't had enough motivation to visit his family recently, and he obviously wasn't going to post it publicly online, he had no one and that was his own fault.

15 months ago corbyns boyfriend of nearly a year broke up with him when he found out he was pregnant. corbyn and aaron had tried to work things out for their son liam numerous times, aaron coming in and out of liam's life throughout the first three months. it was clear to corbyn that aaron wanted nothing to do with his son so he finally cut an end to their "co parenting" last week. putting his baby through so much in such a short amount of time left corbyn feeling nothing short of a shitty father. he was just barely 20 when liam was born, he had no idea what he was doing.

corbyns gasps for air from his uncontrollable sobbing were muffled by his pillow, hoping not to wake not only his son who was sleeping in the crib right beside his bed, but his band mates who's rooms filled the hallway his room was in. corbyn sat up and wiped his tears the second he heard cries coming from liam's crib, quickly picking him up and bringing him to his chest.

he had swaddled him, changed his diaper, held him, bounced him, he had done everything he could think of in the last ten minutes and nothing was calming liam down. "please lee you're gonna wake everyone up" corbyn begged with his baby, eyes glazing over with another set of tears. he wasn't supposed to eat for another thirty minutes but corbyn was starting to worry he couldn't wait that long, he was hungry now.

"please pumpkin they can't see me like this" corbyn whispered to his son, referring to his bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks. his face was red and splotchy from crying and his head hurt from the loud sobbing. liam wasn't letting up tho, corbyn knew he would have to go make him a bottle. he gave him his pacifier praying it would be enough to tie him over while he went downstairs to make his bottle, placing him in his crib with his blanket and kissing his head. "okay baby two minutes, that's all i need just please don't cry anymore" corbyn spoke, knowing his son couldn't understand him but saying it anyways.

he pulled his hood over his face incase he was met with any of the boys in the process. he left his door cracked open and quietly went downstairs, his eyes immediately darting to the floor as he was met with daniel in the kitchen. he adjusted his hood over his face as he quietly started making liam's bottle.

"hi corb" daniel spoke, trying to make eye contact with his best friend. "hi.. m sorry did he wake you up?" corbyn asked guiltily, warming liam's bottle. "no i was in the studio," daniel spoke pointing behind him at the home studio the five of them had spent the last year working on for emphasis "i didn't even hear him until i came into the kitchen for a snack" daniel finished.

"oh.. okay" was all corbyn could reply with as he pulled liam's bottle out of the bottle warmer and turned to face daniel, his eyes still directed towards the floor. but daniel still seen his red eyes and tears stained cheeks, immediately becoming concerned that his best friend looked so tired and sad "hey are you okay" daniel asked, already knowing the answer

right before corbyn answered the two of them started to hear the faint cries of corbyns son from upstairs. daniel walked in front of corbyn, the both of them going back upstairs. daniel picked liam up out of the crib, holding him in his arms as he took the bottle from corbyn and started to feed him. "you don't have to do that daniel" corbyn sighed out, feeling guilty for not doing what he was supposed to for his baby.

"i wanna help" daniel replied, he wasn't asking. "he's not your responsibility" corbyn argued, gently rubbing at his eyes to rid of the tears collecting along his lashes. daniel sat on corbyns bed, pulling corbyn to sit beside him as he continued to feed liam. corbyn laid his head on daniels shoulder and watched them together for a while before closing his eyes, only opening them when liam finished eating and daniel burped him before placing him back in his crib all swaddled up.

"why have you been crying lovely" daniel asked the second liam's eyes closed, laying down in corbyns bed and pulling the younger on top of his chest. "just been a long night d" corbyn replied, not wanting to create some sob story to make daniel feel bad for him. "you don't have to do this all alone you know? it's okay to ask for help, we're all here for you c" daniel promised, one of his hands coming up to play with corbyns hair.

"he's my responsibility" corbyn tiredly argued, becoming putty in daniels hands as he continued to play with his hair. "you're 20 years old corb, you're still learning how to do this, it isn't your fault aaron left you" daniel spoke, the end of his sentence coming out harsh as he was reminded of corbyns awful ex boyfriend.

"your doing amazing corb, your so good with him, he's so so lucky to have you" daniel reassured corbyn, kissing his cheek. "your pretty great with him too you know? you always know just how to help" corbyn said. "i feel like he's my son, i wanna protect him, but i also wanna protect you c, and i can't do that if you don't let me help" corbyn only hummed in response to daniels statement.

"how about me and you go watch the sunset together tomorrow, we could go night swimming at the beach too" daniel asked, fingers still playing in corbyns hair. the blonde looked up at him, eyes shining with a new found joy "l-like a date?" corbyn wondered, daniel smiling big in response "yeha bub like a date, is that okay?" daniel responded, arms coming to wrap around corbyns waist as he stopped playing with his hair.

"more than okay" corbyn replied, head falling back onto daniels chest as he closed his eyes, falling asleep that night with a smile on his face.

a/n i read something pretty similar to this by corbynsmoonlight, her book is listed in my reading list, and it gave me some inspiration to write this shot. i thought they were different enough to not be like copying? if they aren't then i'm sorry and full credit to her.
1190 words