II. Ace, the cowboy.

You still weren't pleased to be there, it was against your wish and you were going to miss all the parties with your friends. You tried to be polite with your grandparents, of course, but during dinner, they knew you were unhappy.

When it was bedtime, your grandmother took you to the room you always used to stay in when you visited them. It had your favorite color all over, old toys, pictures and stickers you put all over the wardrobe. It felt like you entered a time machine, it felt nostalgic.

You were too tired to look at everything carefully, so you laid in bed and fell asleep while looking at the glow in the dark stars you asked your grandparents to get when you were younger.

The sun was barely out when the rooster singing woke you up. For a second you forgot you weren't in your apartment in a big city.

You got up still wearing your pajamas and headed to the kitchen, still trying to get used to the sounds of the multiple animals.

To your surprise and embarrassment, a sweaty man was by the counter, next to the sink, having a glass of water. He smiled and waved politely.

— Who are you? — you asked, in a high pitched voice while you tried to hide. Your pajamas weren't revealing, but you still didn't want a stranger to see you in it. — How did you get in?

— Hi, I'm Ace! Sorry if I scared you.

Before you could even ask any more questions or let the man say who the hell he was, your grandfather entered the kitchen and smiled at both of you.

— I see you already met Ace, he's our neighbor and helps us around most of the time. — your grandfather said. — You'll see him very often. I'm sure you two will get along!

You couldn't lie, the boy was breathtaking to say at least. He had dark hair, freckles, a beautiful big smile and a tattoo on his left arm.

— ... Hello. — you said, still trying to hide behind the fridge door.

— You must be (Y/N), right? — he asked. He had such a happy energy, you couldn't quite explain it. — Your grandpa talks a lot about you. It's nice to meet you!

Your grandmother went inside the house, holding a couple of bags. Apparently, she went to the city to buy something for breakfast.

— Ace, my dear, you arrived just in time! — the old lady said. — Here, you should have some breakfast.

— Thank you, Mrs. — he smiled and rushed to help her with the bags. — I'll accept the invitation. — he completed, taking his hat off, showing his soft looking dark hair.

You and Ace helped set the table. She bought cake, cookies, bread and made coffee and juice. Meals at your grandparents' were always full of food. And they always made sure everyone ate everything and even brought leftovers home.

Since they always woke up earlier than you (and most people), they had already eaten. So the food was for you and Ace only.