Part 36: Freedom

It took the others a lot longer than they thought it would to pick some to frame for Milo's crimes and that was for a multitude of reasons. Such as whoever it was basically wasn't going to have a life afterwards, they didn't know what else might be going on in this person's life, do they even deserve it, and could they live with themselves knowing they'd just put a potentially innocent person in prison. The main thing, however, was that the last time they tried to frame someone for something they'd done, that person ended up getting burnt alive inside of a beach house. It obviously hadn't been the best outcome and a lot more crap had come of it. There was people that they definitely would have considered picking if those people were still alive i.e. Enzo or Ryan. They couldn't even pick anyone at college anymore that was just a straight up horrible person because after everything they'd done, most of their fellow classmates were actually quite nice now. For once, the lack of bullying was a problem.

"We've been sat here for at least an hour trying to decide on someone and we can't" said Cassie, sighing and blowing her cheeks out. "This is probably one of the hardest decisions we've ever had to make in our lives."

"I doubt it'll be the hardest overall though" replied Ani, resting her head on the windowsill.

"How is there not one single bad person in this entire god damn town anymore?" Questioned Danny, groaning as he flopped back onto the bed and spread out his limbs. "I wish we knew more about who the new gang was and then we could have framed one of them."

"Yeah, that would have been incredibly useful" responded Cassie, chewing her lip.

"Maybe we don't need someone from the new gang" said Ani, lifting her head suddenly.

"Are you actually suggesting we snake out one of our last remaining gang members?" Replied Cassie, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean... no but sort of yes" said Ani, squinting and tilting her head slightly. "They're technically not a gang member anymore."

"Oh fuck" replied Danny, lifting his body so he was leaning back on his elbows, a smile appearing on his face. "You're talking about Carlos."

"I totally forgot he existed" said Cassie, jaw dropping slightly as she remembered. "He's part of the main reason Milo is in prison and I just completely forgot he was a thing."

"To be fair, he's easy to forget" replied Danny, glancing around and shrugging.

"Oh but we don't even know where he is" said Cassie, sighing again. "After what he did he would have been smart to get the hell out of dodge."

"You'd think that but you'd be wrong, he's still in town" replied Ani, smiling. "Agent Waldron often stops by the police station and just so happens to occasionally chat to an officer that still favors our company over that of his peers."

"Agent Waldron knows where Carlos is" said Cassie, getting excited.

"Well yeah, Carlos was his rat. He wouldn't just stop speaking to him when he would have all this extra information" replied Ani. "Agent Waldron mentioned the address of Carlos' house to the officer who then mentioned it to me."

"Why would the officer have done that though?" Wondered Cassie, slightly confused.

"Not sure. Maybe as a 'just in case' situation arose" responded Ani, shrugging. "And I think it's safe to say this is a 'just in case' situation."

"So we're doing this then" said Danny, everyone looking at everyone as they smiled and nodded. "We're framing Carlos and getting Milo the fuck out of prison."

- THE JOB -
Intro song: Fidelio - Tom Hillock - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdW0TYok5NI

"Alright, you're good to go" said the doctor after checking Milo over one last time.