¹⁸

"You!-" A voice shouted, making you look up. "It's all your fault! You couldn't stay put and you just had to go home!"

It was Itami Seigyo. He was being restrained by handcuffs and a police officer was holding him.

"You're a bitch! No one will love you!" Itami shouted at you, getting in your face. "I don't know why I even thought about you! You're unlovable! Why would anyone love you. It's your fault I had to do this! If you just listened to me!-"

You got tired of listening to him. You send a right hook straight into his nose, almost making him fall back. The police officer pulled him back.

"I'm going to allow that." The police officer said, her voice sounding a bit amused. "He had that one coming, baby. Don't worry about it. Just don't do it again."

"Hm." You hummed, nodding.

"You whore! No one will ever love you for anything!" You heard Itami scream as he was pulled away.

"You okay?" Kei asked.

"I think I should get into an ambulance too." You nervously spoke, holding your head.

"Right! Come on!" Kei said, frantically nodding.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Your leg bounced as you sat in a chair. Your minor burns were being treated while you waited. You were so scared that you weren't fast enough or made it worse.

"Please calm down, miss." The nurse spoke, watching you tremble. 

"I'm sorry." You whispered an apology.

"I know you're scared we are going to do everything in our power to make sure he comes out alive." The nurse tried to reassure you.

"I don't want him to just be alive. I want him to be better than ever." You said, holding back a sob.

"Hey, it'll be okay. We just need his permission or his parents to give us permission and you can see him when he's safe for visitations." The nurse softly spoke.

"Mhm... please take care of him." You requested.

"We'll do the most we can." The nurse stood as your last bandage was placed 

"Thank you." You nodded. The nurse nodded and walked away from you. 

You sat in silence for a while. The waiting room was empty. You needed to know that Asahi was okay. Your heart hurts from worrying.

"Hey, Y/N." You heard Akiteru.

"Hey." You responded, looking up from the floor. "Where's Kei."

"At home. He's mad at you." Akiteru said.

"I'm not surprised." You muttered. "I've put a lot of stress on him lately."

"You said it, not me." Akiteru sighed, sitting next to you. "You gotta stop being so reckless. I get you were saving your friend but running into a fire?"

"I know." You said, looking back to the ground. It was quiet for a moment.

"He's more than a friend, isn't he?" Akiteru asked.

"Yes." You said. "No? I don't know. We're just friends but I'm starting to think of him as more. I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you, Y/N." Your brother reassured.

"But I've never felt this way about anyone. I don't know why it's happening now."

"You're in love, Y/N." Akiteru answered your unspoken question. "There's nothing wrong with that. Almost everyone falls in love. Kei actually was talking about how he was suspecting you had liked him because you were more like yourself when you're around him."

"Did he really?" You asked, looking up.

"Yeah, he was so mad when he was talking about it too. I tried telling him to let you fall in love but he was being stubborn." Akiteru chuckled. "It was the first time I saw the 'protective gremlin' side of him."

"I told you it existed." You joked.

"I should have listened." Akiteru said, playfully nudging your arm. You winced, holding the burn. He muttered an apology.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

You sat in your room, hugging a pillow. Your arms and legs were wrapped around it, your chin resting on it as well. You were watching tiktoks and you laid back on a few other pillows. You were opening and closing the same few apps.

You eventually sighed and put down the phone, unwrapping yourself from the pillow and getting out of bed. You walked out of your room and saw Yamaguchi and Kei trying to bake.

"Hey, Tadashi." You greeted him.

"Oh, Hi!" Yamaguchi seemed surprised but turned to look at you with a smile.

"What are you guys making?" You asked.

"We're trying to make strawberry shortcake." Kei answered.

"But Tsukki's bad at anything related to cooking and baking so I'm helping." Yamaguchi spoke.

"I can cook just fine, Yamaguchi." Kei said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Whatever you say, Tsukki." Yamaguchi laughed evilly.

"How are they so okay? There was a fire not even a week ago." You thought, frowning. You turned and walked back to your room.