Chapter 12

"If I go any higher only the dogs will here me" Roger retorted, his expression most displeased with being stuck recording in the booth.

Freddie squeezed his eye shut, "Try".

John leaned forward to the glass, pushing down the button so Roger could hear him, "Freddie's note, sorry" He said plainly.

Roger groaned out of defeat, "Go on, roll the tape".

♪Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening me♪

"Galileo, Galileo, Galileo Figaro!" Roger sung, moving his arms in an upwards motion with each 'Galileo' he sung.

You chuckled as Roger danced along with his singing.

"How was that? Better?" Roger asked, his expression clear to see he had enough.

Freddie leaned against the recording counter, staring at the floor before speaking up "Higher".

Brian pointed his hand upwards to show Roger he needs to go higher.

Roger pulled his headphones off his head with a frown, "Jesus, how many more Galileo's do you want?".

"Freddie want's to do a few more over dubs" John replied.

"Do we even have any tape left?" Roger replied.

"I do have to say, the tape is wearing out, it can't take much more" John replied, gesturing towards the tape.

Freddie pressed on the recording machine to play the opera section again, you could only but watch intrigued as the band worked their magic to produce what you were sure would be the best song to be released.

♪Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening me♪

"Galileo!" Roger sung.

"One more" Brian assured.

"Galileo!" Roger repeated.

"One more" Brian assured once again.

"Galileo!"

"Again!" Brian instructed.

"Galileo!"

"Galileo!"

"Galileo, Figaro!"

This continued for another hour before Roger finally stopped singing to catch his breath.

"Who even is Galileo?" He questioned, his hands on his hips.

Freddie ignored his questioned as he gazed at the recordings of Roger's opera section.

"My nut's feel like they're in my chest right now, are we done?" Roger complained.

You chuckled at his remark, you could tell he was trying his best each time and seeing him following Freddie's instructions perfectly made you smile. The band was truly passionate about their work and it showed every time they recorded and produced their songs.

"That's it, he loves you" John assured through the speaker, making Roger sigh out of relief.

Roger let out a great sigh of relief at John's words, quickly taking off the headset that had been stuck on his head for the past couple hours. You watched quietly as Roger made his way back into the recording studio, slouching down on the couch with an exhausted huff. You were leaning against the wall with your arms folded, letting your thoughts wander as Freddie, John and Brian wen't over Roger's recording, discussing which one they liked the best. The lingering thoughts you had were interrupted only moments later by Roger who had a two fingers pressed against his throat as he tried to clear it.

"Here, I think this'll do you some good" You said, offering out your water bottle to him.

"But I'll get my germs on it" Roger replied, raising an eyebrow as he did so.

"If you're so worried about that, don't put your mouth on it" You derided with an amused smirk.

Roger leaned forward, extending his arm out to take the water bottle from your hand. He gave you a quick smirk before raising the cap of the bottle to his lips, allowing the chilled water to enter his mouth.

Your eyes widened in surprise as Roger's lips hooded the bottle top, "Thought you didn't want your germs on it" You teased.

He shrugged, "You got your germs on my bottle".

"You shoved the bloody thing in my mouth" You scoffed, folding your arms to your chest again.

"Not my fault you can't handle a cigarette" Roger scorned, a proud smirk curling on his lips as he kept his eyes glued on you, looking for a reaction out of you.

"That was one time!" You retorted.

"One and only time" Roger muttered, just audible for you to hear as he pulled a cigarette from his packet before putting it in between his lips and lighting it.

You took this as a challenge, leaning forward and extending your arm out before plucking the cigarette from Roger's lips and pushing it in between your own. You took a second to adjust to the taste of it before taking a large puff, regretfully so, as you then began coughing hysterically, catching the entire bands attention.

"Bloody hell Y/N, are you alright?" Brian asked as he pulled the cigarette from your lips, tossing it at Roger before rubbing your back soothingly.

Your cough lingered on a little longer before you were able to catch your breath, "Yeah I'm fine, thank you".

"Goodness darling, it seems you're always getting into mischief around Roger" Freddie teased, throwing you a playful wink as he did so.

"Shut up Freddie" You retorted.

Freddie put a hand to his chest with a gasp as if to be offended, "You need to stop saying that to me, I might just fire you" Freddie taunted with a chuckle.

"Like I said, shut up" You repeated, rolling your eyes as you did so.

The band only snickered at this, Freddie giving another offended gasp, but you didn't care, you were more worried about the thick lump of smoke you could feel stuck in your throat. You couldn't understand for the life of you why you tried smoking again, especially since the last time, and the fact that you have always hated everything about smoking, and yet.. something or someone is slowly changing that.