"I'm sorry."

⚠️TW: suicide⚠️

           Today was the same as every other day for Mafuyu. Wake up, get ready for school, greet her parents with the same fake happiness, go to school, and come back with an excuse to go to her room. Though, Mafuyu had something planned for tonight. Of course, no one except her knew, but that would soon change. Once Mafuyu had completed her school work that meant nothing to her, it was soon time for dinner. It went as usual, eat the bland food and compliment the cooking she couldn't taste. Once dinner was done, Mafuyu excused herself to her room.

She soon started preparing for later in the night. When the clock struck twelve, or more precisely midnight. Mafuyu got on Nightcord and posted a message that the others were sure to see. "I'm sorry." It was simple, but it was probably better that way. Now. Mafuyu had about an hour until she took action. Once it was 1:00 AM, Mafuyu knew that was the time she was supposed to log onto Nightcord. And yet, she didn't. She wouldn't be attending the meeting, or the others that came after that, she'd be long gone by then.

Mafuyu stared out of the window, at the night sky. But she didn't feel sad, or depressed, or angry, or anything for that matter. She felt... empty. She never felt anything, tasted anything, or smelled anything. The world was empty to her, a place full of pain and suffering where no one can win. Mafuyu wasn't okay, and she would never be okay. She knew that, and so, she hated the facade she had to put on. She hated being the goody two shoes. Mafuyu had had enough, she was done and couldn't take it anymore. And so, here she was.

She stepped onto the chair and held the rope in her hands. She put it over head and stood there for a moment, letting it tighten, before letting her feet fall from the chair. For the first time ever, Mafuyu felt at peace. She felt as if all her worries were lifted off of her shoulders and disappeared. And soon her vision began to fade and she flickered in and out of consciousness. And she took the last breath she would ever take, and she didn't regret any of it.  She couldn't bring herself to be regretful  in that moment.

In the morning, Mafuyu's mother went to check in on her daughter, as she was being unusually late to breakfast. Though when she entered her room she was met with a terrifying sight. Her daughter, her perfect Mafuyu, was hanging by a rope. The only thing she could ask herself for why. Why had her daughter done this? What pushed her to go this far? She couldn't understand why. She took trembling steps towards the lifeless body and noticed a small piece of paper on a desk, she took the paper with shaking hands, the paper read,"I'm sorry." It was so simple, yet it conveyed so much. Mafuyu's mother looked to her right and saw Mafuyu's computer opened to an app called "Nightcord", she looked at the messages posted in there, with many, many of them concerning her daughter's safety. Asking, demanding what was going on. And so, the mother sank to the floor and cried, she cried like her life depended on it.

A/N:
I wrote this at 3:00 AM and I apologize for this. It's probably bad but I'll see in the morning. Anyways, have a good day

ight and thanks for taking the time to read this <3