004: MR. TANNER IS DEAD!

CHAPTER FOUR : MR

CHAPTER FOUR : MR. TANNER IS DEAD !
❝ R. QUINN ❞

♪ crooked teeth by zach bryan ♫

══════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════

       ROSEMARY QUINN WOKE UP ON SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2009 WITH WINE BREATH AND FOND MEMORIES OF THE NIGHT PRIOR. She also awoke to the feeling of a wet tongue gliding across her cheek. The brunette groaned, wiping the slobber off her face and groaned even louder when she felt a heavy, warm mass press itself against her chest.

       She tried to raise her head up and managed to bang the tip of her nose against a much colder one. She huffed, cracking her hazelnut eyes open to see Sandy's similar colored eyes staring into her own with her tongue stuck out of her mouth eagerly.

       "Sandy, you weigh like two tons! You aren't a puppy anymore." The art teacher laid her head back against her soft pillows but rubbed between the animal's ears anyway.

       Sandy Quinn was a nearly four year old golden retriever with a love for peanut butter and causing messes. She had been a gift to the late Marjorie Quinn from her husband when she began chemotherapy and the loyal puppy quickly became the dying woman's best friend. Sandy remained so until the day she died and Rosemary truly believed that sometimes, the loveable dog missed the elderly woman.

       Eventually, Rosemary Quinn begrudgingly rose out of bed even though all she wanted was to cuddle with Sandy for the rest of the day. She stretched her body out as soon as her bare feet touched the hardwood floor, sighing in satisfaction when the bottom of her back cracked just right. One peek out of her semi-sheer voile curtains told the art teacher that she had woken up slightly before her alarm clock was supposed to go off.

       The morning sky was a light purple and it wasn't quite dusk yet but Rosemary bet that if she opened her bedroom window, she'd be able to hear the cows mooing already.

       The Quinn didn't bother brushing her teeth or washing her face yet, instead she pulled on a fleece jacket that had been laying across her dresser and put what was left of her long hair into a ponytail at the base of her neck. Her muddy work boots were on the porch, so she only had to worry about placing socks over her feet at the moment.

       Without even looking in her mirror, the twenty three year old began her journey down the stairs with a golden retriever practically tripping over herself in front of her. Rosemary sighed and rolled her eyes but a small smile was still plastered on her lips.

       When the art teacher reached the kitchen, Sandy was already waiting patiently by her food bowl. As soon as the brunette poured the kibble into the metal bowl, the golden retriever practically began devouring her food.