ᴛᴇɴ - ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴀʟ

Sitting in the lab, Y/n was leaning against Druig's chest, in between his legs. He kissed the back of her head while she played with his fingers, a habit he'd come to adore.

Suddenly, Phastos' hologram started glowing in a red tone, a beeping noise echoing through the room. "Oh, no. My god." Phastos sighed once he saw what was happening.

"What about the Uni-Mind?" Sersi asked, entering the room. "I haven't figured out a way to connect us, but I'm close. I'm very, very close." Phastos assured while the other Eternals stood around his hologram.

"How much longer?" Sersi asked the stressed out Eternal. "I don't know, Sersi!" Phastos screamed before turning to Makkari. "Find the point of emergence." he told her before she sped away.

Y/n sat down again while Druig wandered off, deciding to explore the lab some more. "You always knew what was coming. It must be a relief." he said to Thena, the two of them looking at a painting.

"That Deviant is still tracking us." Thena spoke, still looking at the painting. "Revenge won't bring peace for you, Thena." the h/c haired Eternal reminded.

"But killing it might." the goddess spoke before walking away. Druig looked at her as she walked off, frowning at her behavior before sitting down next to Y/n.

After a few minutes, Ikaris walked into the room. "I'm close to figuring it out." Phastos informed him once he saw the brunette entering the room.

In return, Ikaris shot a laser at Phastos' hologram, destroying it in the process. "Phastos!" Y/n exlcaimed, running up to her friend so she could help him up.

"Boss, what are you doing?" Kingo asked, walking closer. "I've let this go on long enough." Ikaris replied, not answering Kingo's question.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi screamed, running up to Phastos and Y/n to help the Eternal up. "He lied to us. He already knew about the emergence." the leader informed, looking at her husband.

"No, he didn't." Kingo answered, not believing Ikaris would act like that. "Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." Ikaris admitted, looking at Kingo for a second.

"What?" the brunette Eternal asked, shocked. "You were never gonna let us stop the emergence." Phastos realized. "No. I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants." Ikaris nodded.

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me?" Sersi asked, her voice shaking slightly, but Ikaris didn't answer. "What have you done?" Sersi wanted to know.

"He killed her." Y/n realized, looking at Ikaris with shock and anger evident on her face. "I had to." Ikaris spoke, as if that would justify his actions.

"She loved you." Sersi shuddered. "Did she?" Ikaris asked, tears forming in his eyes. "She loved you." Sersi repeated, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Do you think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day all this would end? To keep on lying to you?" the brunette asked.

"Well, lying seems to be pretty easy for you." Y/N commented, anger flowing through her veins. Ikaris looked at her, frowning, before turning back to Sersi.

"If we gave humanity the choice, how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born?" Ikaris asked. "We're not giving them a choice. Is this why you're willing to kill? You are so pathetic!" Phastos exclaimed. Y/n placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down despite fuming with anger herself.

"I'm an Eternal, Phastos. I exist for Arishem. As do you. It's who you are." Ikaris spoke, calmly. "I wouldn't change a single thing about who I am. Born or made. But I do not exist for Arishem, I exist for my family!" Phastos screamed, shaking his head.

"We exist because of Arishem, not for him. That's a huge difference you don't seem to get." Y/n said. "Then you are making the same mistake Ajak did." Ikaris spoke, getting right in Phastos' and Y/n's face.

"Hey, back off, Ikaris." Druig said, protective of his wife. Just then, Makkari entered the room with a smile on her face. "I found Tiamut." she signed before Ikaris went to shoot a laser at her.

"No!" Phastos screamed. "Makkari!" Kingo exclaimed before jumping in front of her, taking the shot instead. "Get out of here!" Kingo ordered her, she nodded at him before running off.

"Kingo." Ikaris spoke, walking closer to the brunette Eternal who had just stood up. "You do not turn against your family. Gilgamesh died because of you." Kingo mumbled, angrily, pointing his finger at Ikaris to shoot a laser at him.

"You won't succeed against me. And I will kill every one of you if I have to." Ikaris clarified, turning to walk away. "Wait. I'm going with you." Sprite said before running up to him.

Thena entered the room, looking at the weird situation. Ikaris went to shoot a laser at her before Sprite stopped him, touching his shoulder before the both of them disappeared.

A little while later, Makkari had entered the room again, receiving a short update on what happened. "Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?" she signed, a frown on her face.

"Because she loves him. Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that? He really fooled us, didn't he? Karun, let's go." Kingo spoke, looking at his valet.

"Wait, where the hell are you going?" Y/n asked, her hand grasping Druig's tightly. "I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right." Kingo explained.

"So, that's it, huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos asked, slowly starting to become angry again. "I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo explained, turning to walk away before Makkari stopped him.

"We need you." she signed to him. "Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris. But I hope to see you on the next planet." Kingo said, waking away.

"Thank you for all you've done for humanity. It's been a great honor. I will miss you all." Karun said in Hindi, tearing up. Y/n walked up to him and hugged him quickly, before the man nodded and followed Kingo.

"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan." Druig spoke. Y/n looked at him, clearly not happy with the thought of him dying.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..." Phastos said, trailing off. "Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree." Y/n spoke, raising her hand.

"I'm sorry, what? You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos asked. "You've never been able to do it before." Makkari signed, confused by what she'd been told.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." she said, not looking at her fellow Eternals. "Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?" Phastos scoffed.

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to slip, not to kill it. I can't kill a Celestial." Sersi exclaimed with a shaky voice. "Sersi. Sersi." Phastos spoke.

"We can't! We can't." Sersi exclaimed, breaking heavily. "It's okay, Sersi. I got this." Druig reassured before Sersi walked out of the room.

Y/n looked at her husband with a disapproving look, earning a small smile from Druig before he kissed her head.