~Dove~

Thursday the 28th of November, 201911:30 PM

11:30 PM

"Kadie why are we out here seriously? You've just been in a car accident, can walk, your literally crippled and you've brought us out here" Jason said.

I had managed to wheel myself all the way outside and out onto the basketball court outside the hospital. Please don't ask my why on earth there's a basketball court in a hospital. But I guess that's what happens when it's private. It was dark now, but there was lights around the court, keeping it lit.

"Here" Calvin said, placing his jacket over my shoulders

"Thank you" I said

"Kades I think we should just go back inside, it's dark, it's cold, Dans alone"

"Think fast" I shouted, throwing the ball quickly at him, he caught it effortlessly.

"Stand in the free throw line, and shoot" I said. Wheeling myself over to be right under the basket as Jason stood at the free throw line, an unimpressed expression on his face

"Shoot" I said, he shot the ball and it landed perfectly in the basket, falling into my lap "again" I passed the ball back to him

"Kades - "

"Do it again Jason Moore"

He did, it landed in the basket perfectly again.

"Do it again, only this time focus on Daniel up there in that room lying on the hospital bed" I said

He stared at me, studying my face to figure out what I'm trying to do, I cocked my eyebrows up and he looked up at the basket. Only this time it bounced off the ring, missing the basket.

"Run up and down" I said

"What?"

"Run to the end line and back"

"Na fuck this shit Kadie, I'm out" he said, slamming the basketball down and then storming off the court. I expect nothing less.

"I'll be back in a second" I said to Calvin and then attempted to wheel after him.

Eventually I found him. He was down the back of the hospital, sitting on a windowsill, his back was crouched over as he held his hands on his knees.

I looked at him for a minute, thinking through what I was going to say.

"Do you love this game Jason?" I asked "I mean love it with your whole heart? Because if you don't, let's not even bother. Let's not even open that door Because they'll just slam it right back in our face. I love this game, millions of other people live and breath this game. And there's a thousand other guys waiting in the wings who are obsessed with this game" I spoke, but Jason stayed quite and kept his eyes on the floor

"Obsession is going to beat talent every time. It doesn't matter what the fuck is going on in your life, but the second you step onto that court, everything else should just disappear and the only thing on your mind is basketball. You got all the talent in the world, but are you obsessed? Is it all you think about? Because let's face it, it's you against you out there. When you walk on that court tomorrow, you have to think, I am the best player here, it doesn't matter it LeBron is playing. So let me ask you again Jason, do you love this game?"