Who can you trust/Basic Straining

"Today's breakfast is Hawaiian-Italian fusion casserole!" Chef said putting food on Gwen's plate.

"You mean leftovers from the cooking challenge?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah, that's right! You got a problem with that?!" Chef asked angrily.

"Sir, no sir!" Gwen said saluting. She saluted back. Now it was my turn.

"Breakfast looks great Chef!" I smiled and saluted the intimidating man.

"Thanks soldier." He said. I went over to where Heather was sitting. She got a cold when she was trapped in the freezer. Heather was wrapped up in a blanket drinking tea.

"Need a little echinacea?" Gwen asked Heather as I sat down.

"Ha, you're so funny. You think that you can just lock me up in a freezer and get away with it?" Heather said with a stuffy nose. "I am gonna make you sorry that you ever met me."

"Too late." Gwen said.

"You are such a... a... a... achoo!" Heather sneezed.

"Ugh! I hate this place!" Heather said. I looked over at the Bass's table and saw Dj petting his bunny. He was so adorable. Then I thought about how he bullied Harold and looked away.

After we ate breakfast, everyone headed to the pier.

"Hey are you still mad at me?" Dj asked.

"Yeah." I said not looking at him.

"Can you back off of her? She obviously doesn't want to talk to you." Heather said getting in between us. She grabbed my hand and we walked away from him.

"So, last week's challenge exposed a few Gopher issues. And I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the Bass pond, too. So, this week's challenge is going to be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust."

Confessional: "This is good. Things have been super tense around here lately."

"There will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members of your team. Normally, we like to have the campers choose their partners, but not this time! More fun for me!" Chris said. I was kind of worried about who I would be assigned to. Luckily I wasn't in the first challenge.

Unfortunately Heather and Gwen were paired up together. That was a scary combination. "Okay! So for the first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme freehand rock climbing adventure! DJ and Duncan will play for the Bass. Heather and Gwen for the Gophers."

"Ugh..." Gwen said.

"Here's your belay and harness." Chris said throwing them over. Heather aggressively took the harness and belay from Gwen.

"Hey! What's your damage?" Gwen asked.

"If you think I'm letting you hold me up, you're nuts!" Heather said.

"You won't be holding her up exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as their partner climbs. If the climber falls, the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of he mountain are rigged with a few minor distractions like rusty nails, slippery oil slicks, mild explosives, and a few other surprises."