part 1

Molly's Pov

I was so excited, I broke up with my long term boyfriend a few months ago and my friends finally convinced me to get back out into the dating world, and to be honest, i finally felt ready myself. But here i am, standing in the rain outside the Sofital hotel, because thats where he said he was staying for the weekend, and he is a no show. i don't really feel embarrassed more ashamed with myself for not seeing the sign's. I am freezing, and soaked but i don't really want to go back to my flat yet because i don't want the girls to know how much of a disaster my night has turned into. 

I felt a hand grab my shoulder, and i felt a little bit of hope that maybe it was the guy i was supposed to meet and he just got caught up, i turned around to see not only the most beautiful man i have ever seen but also, not my date.

"hey what are you doing standing in the rain, you're going to get a cold" he says dragging me into the hotel. once we were inside i pull my hand away from him and fold my arms,

"and what are you doing in new Zealand when you are meant to be on a mental health break?" his eyes widened at me and my mouth kind of went ajar as i realised what i had just said, i took a step back and covered my hand with my mouth and then copied Shawn's wide eyes. 

"sorry? i don't think that's any of your buisness"  Shawn states with a sarcastic laugh, clearly pissed off. but also so was i, i'm not going to lie, who isn't a fan of this man. i was just disappointed about the way he was handling some situations, but then again he was right, it was none of my buisness. 

"yeah, uh- you're right, i'm sorry" i start stepping back even more "i shouldn't of said anything" i turn around to start walking away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back inside. once i was back facing him he let's go of my wrist. 

"stop, you're soaked, i'm not letting you go back in the rain" he sighs, clearly disappointed that he feels the need to help me out "come with me to my room, we will get you cleaned up" he rolls his eyes, the holds his hand out for me to grab. my eyes moved from his hand to his eyes then back to his hand. i let out a huff that wasn't meant to be as loud as it actually was, then grabbed his hand and followed him to his room. 

-----

I walked out of Shawn's bathroom wrapped in a white fluffy towel, i felt a lot better. Shawn was sitting on his bed scrolling through his phone and smiling at it. i walked over to my bag and saw Shawn's eyes following me, i looked up to him and sighed, he was being nice, i'm going to have to be nice back, and what girl wouldn't kill to be in my position.

"i'm Molly by the way and thank you" i say putting on a fresh shirt that i had packed in a bag as i had planned to stay the night with my date. i could see a small smile start to form on his gorgeous lips. 

"you clearly already know who i am, but i'm Shawn" he puts his phone down and sits up a bit more, as if he wants to continue having a conversation with me. 

"yeah, i'm really sorry about the attitude, just not having a good night, clearly." i laughed through my nose sarcastically while rolling my eyes. 

"about that, you don't have to tell me but why were you just standing out in the rain?" i looked into his soft caramel hazel eyes and i could see that he actually cared. why though? we just met? I walked around to the other side of the bed, i pointed towards the bed and looked at him, he understood i was asking if it was ok if i sat down, and he nodded. 

"i uh.." i laugh a little "i got stood up" i look straight down at my hands, trying so hard not to look at Shawn, i start rubbing my hands together, something iv always done to calm down my anxiety that was starting to act up right in this moment. He places his hand on top of my fidgeting hands and that causes me to look at him. 

"don't get anxious, just breath" he smiles warmly at me and started rubbing his thumb over my hands.

"how did you know-" he cuts me off. "i do the same thing" he said softly. The fact that he somewhat opened up to me in that moment kind of made me feel special, i understand that he has talked about his anxiety publicly before but for some reason, this felt special. he lets go of my hands and gets up off the bed which kind of upsets me. he turns back around to face me. 

"well it's my birthday today, and me and the crew are going out for drinks. do you want to come? it'll help you forget about that other guy, his loss." he smiles at me, his big smile which automatically lights up the room and makes me have the biggest smile on my face. 

"yeah i'd love to actually, happy birthday shawn" i walk upto him and give him a hug. it was a proper hug to, i wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head into the crook of my neck and mumbled thank you into it. 

i pulled my head back still holding onto him and i smiled slightly "no, thank you" i said. 

he grabbed my hand and we left the room.