Chapter 82: Seventh Year Seven ☾

A/N: Thank you all for 435K, I honestly still can't belive it <3

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

Voldemort threw his hands in the air. "How could you have not seen this coming?"

"He was a spy last time," Lucius scowled, "perhaps we misinterpreted where his loyalties lie."

"I misinterpreted nothing. You brought him to me. You said he would be a good potions master."

"And was I wrong?" the blond asked, his eyes narrowing. "He did his job well. We must have missed the fact the mudblood played such an important role in his childhood."

"I knew that!" the dark lord screeched. "That's why I agreed to let her live."

"Oh, and she's alive and breathing and living happily ever after with him."

"Enough! I think you're forgetting your place. Crucio."

The spell hit Lucius and he dropped, screaming in pain. He curled in a ball as the spell stopped.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Wormtail asked, smirking. The blond glared.

"Not only did we lose the spy's loyalties, but your sister-in-law is not responding to any of my calls," Voldemort said, holding his hands behind his back. "Have you heard back from your wife, Lucius?"

"No, my lord," the man said, slowly climbing from his position on the floor. "It appears I have lost communication with her, as well."

"Let me get this straight: you have not one, but two, women out of your control."

"With all due respect, my lord, have you ever tried to control a Black?"

"This is not how I planned," Voldemort mumbled, straightening and looking at his minions.

"Should we move up our attack on Hogwarts?" Rudolphos asked, breaking out from the line of death eaters.

Blaise snorted. "Yeah, that'd be great! Storm Hogwarts full of children trained by our own traitor. Have you seen Snape's skills?"

"Did I give you permission to speak?" Voldemort asked, wand pointed at the seventh year.

"Did you give Rudolphos permission to speak?"

"We are not a democracy! Crucio," the dark lord said. The boy dropped to the floor, screaming. "Does anyone else have any bright ideas they would like to share with the class?"

The legion of death eaters retreated a step or two.

Lucius turned to his brother-in-law. "We have no strategic advantage at Hogwarts. The headmaster is obviously a traitor, our main hold is incommunicado, and my wife refuses to answer my owls."

"That sounds more like a personal problem," Wormtail said under his breath.

"Well, how do we know he's a traitor?" Nott asked, scowling. "Wasn't he seen kidnapping a known member of the Order?"

"While in the company of the top three undesirables?" MacNair pointed out.

"And let's not forget, he was pretending to be Narcissa and investigating the night Fudge was arrested." Dawlish shook his head. "I mean, is he any use to us at this point? He seems a bit addled to me."

"From what I've been told, it comes with educating children," Amycus Carrow said, shrugging.

"We wait," Voldemort said, facing his crew head on. "We wait until they are vulnerable. We wait until they leave the castle, and then we attack them."