𝟏 「 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 」 𝟖

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 Bonnie, Elena, Stefan, and Seraphina were all trying to have a normal conversation as they ate the food that Elena had ordered from The Grill.

"Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" Elena asked as she looked over at Stefan, the girl had seen him on the field with the rest of the football team.

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right." Stefan replied to her simply with a slight shrug before he went back to eating the dinner Elena had 'prepared'.

Although hearing his words, Seraphina on the other hand immediately turned towards him an excited look on the girl's face as she retched over gripping his arm tightly.

"He let you on the team?" She asked shocked with a light squeal, her excited state causing her to shake his arm a little bit, which in turn caused the vampire-teen to chuckle.

He was starting to grow accustomed to his girlfriend's adorable habits, like the way she was bouncing in her chair with a large smile on her face seconds after she heard the news.

"You should have seen him today Bon-Bon," Seraphina spoke as she turned to her silent best friend, the girl getting even more excited to share what had happened. "Tyler threw a football directly at him and he-"

"Yeah, I heard it was all over school." Bonnie spoke cutting the girl off quickly, her head still down as she poked at her dinner with the fork in her hand.

At Bonnie's words, the room seemed to grow a bit more tense as everyone quieted down, Seraphina making eye contact with Elena who shrugged her shoulders not knowing what to do now.

"Well after that I had practically begged him to be on the football team," Seraphina spoke trying to continue the conversation in hopes that the tense atmosphere of the room would dissipate. "we're like one of those cheesy rom-com couples that Care used to make us watch."

"Care would kill for that fairy tale life." Bonnie spoke up in a joking tone, her words causing Elena and Seraphina to let out small giggles already knowing how Caroline could be.

Caroline and Seraphina were the two who were always obsessed with that fairy tale life, at one point Bonnie and Elena had been too but the two had grown up and left that dream of a perfect family in the dust.

"I feel like I should be worried." Stefan said with a joking tone, the boy holding up his index finger to bring attention over to him, his words causing the girls in the room to laugh a bit harder, none of them expecting the light joke to leave his lips.

"It's fine," Seraphina spoke with a giggle as she leaned close to her boyfriend, the girl nudging his shoulder with her own. "I'll protect you."

As Seraphina's words died down, the room seemed to be moved into a comfortable silence as everyone continued eating, the tense atmosphere dissipating slowly.

"Hey, why don't you tell Stefan about your family," Elena said suddenly as she looked over at Bonnie, her words causing Stefan and Seraphina to look over at her and then Bonnie expectingly. "I'm sure he'd be interested in it."

"Um, divorced parents, no mom, live with my dad." Bonnie answered awkwardly as she looked down at her plate of food, the atmosphere in the room going back to awkward and uncomfortable.

"No, about the witches," Elena spoke up once again before turning towards Stefan who didn't look shocked at all, he had known a Bennett witch before and wasn't surprised it passed on through the line. "Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches, it's really cool."

Hearing this Seraphina looked between a smiling Elena and an uncomfortable Bonnie, the girl not liking the way Bonnie seemed to coil into herself so she decided to speak up instead.

"Uhm we don't have to talk about that right now-" She started as she looked around the table, the girl's words drawing the attention of the others until she was cut off.

"Yeah and cool isn't the word I'd use for it." Bonnie interrupted her as she continued to look down at her plate, still stabbing at the salad she had on it.

"Well, it's certainly interesting," Stefan started spouting out the facts he had accumulated about the Bennet line over the years, Bonnie looking at him in wonder. "I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic druids that migrated here in the 1800s."

"My family came by way of Salem." Bonnie spoke up more about her family, the girl growing more curious about her heritage due to the new information.

"Really, Salem witches?" Stefan asked curiously, although he already knew the answer to his question, he waited until Bonnie answered instead.

"Yeah." Bonnie asked as she nodded her head, the girl growing more confident about who she'd come from.

"I would say that's pretty cool." Seraphina spoke up causing the other three people in the room to look over at her.

"Why?" Elena asked joining the conversation, as she tilted her head at Seraphina in confusion.

Elena saw nothing cool about Bonnie's heritage, from what she remembers from History class and movies the Salem Witch Trials were sad things.

The deaths of many women and young girls weren't one of the few things that could be labeled 'cooled' in history.

"Salem witches are heroic examples of individualism and nonconformity." Seraphina spoke nodding her head, as she moved around the salad on her plate.

"Yeah, they are." Bonnie said with a small smile growing on her face as she looked at Stefan a bit absent mindlessly, the girl feeling proud of her heritage now.

Stefan had a smile on his face as well, the teen happy he could get along with the friends of his girlfriend, he knew this was important to Seraphina.

So he would continuously try his best to be as close to them as he could, in hopes of making her as happy as he could.

Although this soft atmosphere was slightly crushed by the sound of Elena's doorbell, causing all of them to glance toward the door

"I wonder who that could be." Elena spoke in confusion as she looked at Seraphina and Bonnie in confusion, the two only shrugging as Elena stood up from her seat.