༺ 15 ༻

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮

𝐸 𝑅 𝐸 𝑁
━━━━

As we re-enter the villa hand-in-hand, I notice how calm she's been since the conclusion of our date. Was it because of the kiss? 

I meant everything I said to her tonight. I'm still not ready to expose my deepest and darkest secrets to her, especially not on national television, but I am willing to become more vulnerable over time.

"You okay?" she asks me before we finally step foot back into the villa.

"Yeah," I respond, smiling. "Are you?"

"Mhm," she softly hums. Though she's saying yes, her actions suggest otherwise. I'm anguished by the loss of contact as her manicured fingers slip out of my loose grasp. I follow closely behind her once she enters the large double doors that lead to the living room and kitchen.

Connie's loud and distinct voice is the first I hear once we step inside. "They're back!"

Soon enough, everyone's gathering in the front corridor, firing a series of questions at a mile a minute. Y/n is doing her best to respond, but I'm not interested in telling them anything with the exception of Armin, and possibly Connie.

Connie tugs at the back of my shirt as he drags me toward the fire pit and demands a story out of me. "Tell us everything, man. Don't be shy."

"No Connie," I insist. "I'm tired. I'll tell you guys tomorrow."

An unpleasant frown takes over the whole of his face, as though it pains him to be deprived of such lackluster information. "Don't be like that!"

"Tomorrow! Promise," I say with a smile, lying through my teeth.

"Pinky promise!" he whispers, leaning in to latch onto my pinky.

I stare at his stubby finger, knowing I'll actually have to indulge in his desires and tell him everything he wants to know. "Fine," I huff, rolling my eyes and joining pinkies.

"Good!" he beams. "Sleep tight, princess."

In all honesty, I prefer that none of the other boys bother to inquire about how the date went. I do feel sorry for Y/n however. Since her return, the girls can't get enough of her. A part of me debates staying up and waiting for her to come back to the room so we can chat a bit more, but another part of me is absolutely exhausted and ready to call it a night.

And that's exactly what I do.

Once I've showered, shaved, and moisturized, I opt to lie down in the bed with my fingers interlaced behind my head as I stare up at the speckled ceiling.

"Is it true that I've been selfish in my pursuit for Y/n?" I ask aloud, hopeful that no one is listening. "Have I gone about everything the wrong way?"

Continuous thoughts and scenarios of a future with Y/n playout in my head before I finally drift off. When I awake, there's a pair of immense eyes staring back at me and pretty, plump lips mouthing incoherent words.

"Eren." A garbled voice finally rouses me out of my trance, and I'm able to process what's going on. "Eren!"

"Huh?" I mutter while rubbing my eyes as I try to process my surroundings. "Y/n?"

"Who else would it be?" she asks, placing her hands on her hips as she scrunches her face in annoyance. "Time to wake up! I brought you some coffee, black, just how you like it."

On the coffee table to my left is a blue and white mug with a penguin and the corny phrase 'Keep Cool' painted on the side. She watches as I pick up the cup, inspecting it carefully.